• 4(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
Thank you.
I have kodi on an Amazon Fire Stick. I really want the discovery velocity channel as I am obsessed with cars. Can somebody tell me the procedure to add this add-on directly on the fire stick?

Also will the region blocking ever be removed?
(2016-05-15, 00:47)tgilroy Wrote: I have kodi on an Amazon Fire Stick. I really want the discovery velocity channel as I am obsessed with cars. Can somebody tell me the procedure to add this add-on directly on the fire stick?

I did a quick Google search for "add files to firestick" and the first result was:

How to Download and Install Zip Files to Firestick Kodi

Good luck. Smile

(2016-05-15, 00:47)tgilroy Wrote: Also will the region blocking ever be removed?

I've yet to make any effort to get around region blocking. I believe Kodi's built-in proxy support should suffice for this, but that is probably a topic for a separate thread.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2016-05-15, 14:10)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 00:47)tgilroy Wrote: I have kodi on an Amazon Fire Stick. I really want the discovery velocity channel as I am obsessed with cars. Can somebody tell me the procedure to add this add-on directly on the fire stick?

I did a quick Google search for "add files to firestick" and the first result was:

How to Download and Install Zip Files to Firestick Kodi

Good luck. Smile

(2016-05-15, 00:47)tgilroy Wrote: Also will the region blocking ever be removed?

I've yet to make any effort to get around region blocking. I believe Kodi's built-in proxy support should suffice for this, but that is probably a topic for a separate thread.

Great! Thanks a lot
and because this is from a zip, will it be updated automatically in kodi or will I have to update it manually every time?
(2016-05-15, 16:29)tgilroy Wrote: and because this is from a zip, will it be updated automatically in kodi or will I have to update it manually every time?

Manual update will be required. Creating a repo is on my list of things to do, but so far my results have been less than successful.

I keep the latest version number in the thread title, so if you subscribe to this thread, you'll easily be able to keep track of any new releases.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
So I installed but I keep getting the message "could not connect to repository". How can I bypass the region block? I am in Canada if that matters.
(2016-05-16, 02:21)tgilroy Wrote: So I installed but I keep getting the message "could not connect to repository". How can I bypass the region block? I am in Canada if that matters.

Read the very first post: for the U.S. only
And since no one on this site can tell you about the use of SmartDNS or VPN, you are stuck.
(2016-05-16, 02:21)tgilroy Wrote: So I installed but I keep getting the message "could not connect to repository". How can I bypass the region block? I am in Canada if that matters.

My repository is down, so you'll see that error message in the log. It doesn't affect the add-on's functionality.
Is the latest zip file corrupt?
Is this addon really accessible outside the USA ?
(2016-05-25, 13:51)Brock92 Wrote: Is the latest zip file corrupt?

I just downloaded and tested it and it seems to be ok. Try again, and if it still doesn't work for you I'll see about uploading a new zip.

Code:
7-Zip 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Processing archive: plugin.video.discovery-channels-3.1.7.zip

Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/addon.py
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/addon.xml
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/changelog.txt
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/fanart.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/icon.png
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/language
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/language/english
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/language/english/strings.xml
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/Discovery_Fanart.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/ahctv.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/animalplanet.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/destinationamerica.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/discovery-channel.png
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/discovery.png
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/discoverykids.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/discoverylife.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/fanart2.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/fanart5.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/investigationdiscovery.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/sciencechannel.png
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/tlc.jpg
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/media/velocity.png
Testing     plugin.video.discovery-channels/resources/settings.xml

Everything is Ok

Folders: 5
Files: 21
Size:       982031
Compressed: 875493

(2016-05-25, 18:40)w20grippy Wrote: Is this addon really accessible outside the USA ?

The full episodes are region blocked, and available in the U.S. only. I'm not sure about the short clips.
Tried again, would not download correctly from chrome or Dolphin browser but worked from Firefox.
Brilliant addon MetalChris, appreciate your hard work.
Hello,

I am new to all of this and seem to be stuck with trying to install this zip file. I follow all instructions; however, it fails to install from install from .zip file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have read everything I can find and am certain I am doing it right, but, just doesn't seem to work.
(2016-05-27, 04:46)Loadie Wrote: Hello,

I am new to all of this and seem to be stuck with trying to install this zip file. I follow all instructions; however, it fails to install from install from .zip file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have read everything I can find and am certain I am doing it right, but, just doesn't seem to work.

Just to be sure, are you following the procedure here?

Are you getting an error message?

There is still a link to version 3.1.6 here. Give that a try, there's only a minor difference between versions (explained in the first post).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1