• 9(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
That will be the problem Smile - I am in Australia.

Thanks.
Seems to be broken again with Kodi Krypton Android.

Debug Log Kodi

Fine with SPMC.

Debug Log SPMC
(2017-05-07, 16:04)Eye in the sky Wrote: Seems to be broken again with Kodi Krypton Android.

Debug Log Kodi

Fine with SPMC.

Debug Log SPMC

Crap, this problem again. Sad

Comparing the logs you posted previously, and the more recent ones, I'm seeing the same thing. The add-on hands off the stream to ffmpeg, then ffmpeg borks.

From previous debug:

Code:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://some.video.link.here
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [tls] The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment
DEBUG: Error, could not open file
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

From most recent debug:

Code:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://some.video.link.here
INFO: ffmpeg[55809098]: [hls,applehttp] No longer receiving playlist 6
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment
DEBUG: Error, could not open file
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

The only difference I see in the various log files posted is that Krypton uses ffmpeg version 3.1-kodi and SPMC uses version 2.8.6-kodi, the Shield has android 6.0 while the Fire TV Stick runs 5.1.1, and the Shield is 64 bit. Although this problem did seem to 'fix' itself a few weeks ago, as indicated in this post, so I'm not convinced it is an ffmpeg, or android version issue.

It does seem as though there might be some type of connectivity issue going on here, though I'm not ready to dismiss this as such (at least not yet). I just don't have the android hardware available to do any Krypton testing. I am in need of a newer tablet though, so perhaps in the near future I'll be able to do some direct testing.

So for now, I'll have to leave you with the same advice as last time - if SPMC is working, then stay with it. Sorry, I know that's not any more helpful now than it was before. I'll keep this on my to-do list though, maybe in the coming weeks I'll have some better news.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
No problem, SPMC works far better anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the issue is back.
Metelkris , I can't get it to work it keeps on saying error check log
(2017-05-09, 04:11)Zorrocom Wrote: Metelkris , I can't get it to work it keeps on saying error check log

Then please post a link to a debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
If posible could you send me the link for the discovery Channel app for a android box I can't seem to get the adress. It just automatically downloads to my phone. My laptop broke.

Thanks in advance.
(2017-05-18, 00:37)Xrosado86 Wrote: If posible could you send me the link for the discovery Channel app for a android box I can't seem to get the adress. It just automatically downloads to my phone. My laptop broke.

Thanks in advance.

If you are asking about the add-on discussed in this thread, the link is in the first post. If you are asking about an android app, then you'll need to look in the google play store.
Thank you. I'll check. Sorry for the dumb questions. Keep up the great work.
(2017-05-18, 15:57)Xrosado86 Wrote: Sorry for the dumb questions.

Not a problem. All questions, dumb or otherwise, lead to wisdom. Wink
Hi MetalChris.

So my previous posts got me a sort-of warning. However my warning level is at 0% and yet all my posts in this thread have been split/removed.

It's not even my device, but I'm thinking something on the log file I posted was flagged up, maybe?

The issue I am having is this:
Code:
14:05:47 T:1415339312   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'ctitle' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.discovery-channels/addon.py", line 616, in <module>
                                                dsc_menu(url)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.discovery-channels/addon.py", line 99, in dsc_menu
                                                if ctitle is not None and 'Unlocked' in ctitle:
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ctitle' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:05:47 T:1107741072   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdestinationamerica.jpg&mode=525&name=Destination%20America&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.destinationamericago.com%2f
14:05:47 T:1107741072   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdestinationamerica.jpg&mode=525&name=Destination%20America&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.destinationamericago.com%2f) failed

I dare not post the full log file in case that is what got me a warning/removal from the thread.
(2017-05-28, 09:35)radiocaf Wrote: Hi MetalChris.

So my previous posts got me a sort-of warning. However my warning level is at 0% and yet all my posts in this thread have been split/removed.

It's not even my device, but I'm thinking something on the log file I posted was flagged up, maybe?

Yes, that's it exactly. The installation is loaded with banned_addons (wiki). I could still offer support, but that would put me on the wrong side of Team Kodi and this community, and I'd prefer to stay in good standing with both. Also, many of the add-ons on the banned list are the cause of issues such as these, so there's really no point in trying to diagnose any issues until they are removed.

(2017-05-28, 09:35)radiocaf Wrote: I dare not post the full log file in case that is what got me a warning/removal from the thread.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to offer any support in this case without a link to a full debug log (wiki).

You should do a clean install of Kodi, install only the Discovery Channels add-on, and see if the issue persists. If it does, then you should post a link to a full debug log (wiki). Please remember the content is region-blocked for the U.S. only, and any discussion of circumventing this would also be considered piracy by Team Kodi, and as such would be considered a violation of Forum Rules.

I fully understand, agree with, and support Team Kodi's stance on the use of banned addons (wiki).
That's fair, unfortunately I don't know exactly what ones are banned and why.

I've heard some stuff surrounding the use of these Fire Sticks but I've ultimately kept myself ignorant to it all. It's not my stick so I guess there's nothing I can do, really. I wouldn't want to do a clean install of Kodi in case I remove something they want to keep.
(2017-05-28, 17:38)radiocaf Wrote: That's fair, unfortunately I don't know exactly what ones are banned and why.

List of banned add-ons.

(2017-05-28, 17:38)radiocaf Wrote: I've heard some stuff surrounding the use of these Fire Sticks but I've ultimately kept myself ignorant to it all. It's not my stick so I guess there's nothing I can do, really. I wouldn't want to do a clean install of Kodi in case I remove something they want to keep.

There are literally hundreds of free and legitimate add-ons available in the Official Kodi repository, and from third party repositories (like mine) which are discussed in these forums. I cut the cord years ago, and between the use of legitimate add-ons and subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon, and NHL Gamecenter, I've no shortage of programming to watch.
How about adding the facility to login to the Discovery Network then for those that have not yet cut the cord entirely, but wish to try to use legitimate addons too ?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1