v16 Shadertoy running at low internal resolution
Hi guys,

I'm running Jarvis RC1 with the Shadertoy visualization, and I noticed it appears to be running at a lower-than-native resolution internally. I captured 2 screenshots to illustrate this: 1 from Kodi, and the other from shadertoy.com running in fullscreen. Even from the compressed jpgs the difference is clearly visible, but it is more noticable in Kodi itself.

Kodi version
Shadertoy.com version

The examples are the Sound Sinus Wave preset, but the effect can be seen for all Shadertoy presets.

Would any of you know how to get shadertoy looking as nice in Kodi as it does on the web version? I have no coding experience with visualizations, but it seems it should be an easy fix.
Hi Piro. I'm answering while away from home, but I too was having a similar problem with Waveform and lower resolution. IIRC, I went to System Settings and found the video refresh rate running at less than it's highest capability. You might also check your display resolution setting.

BTW, are you running Shadertoy on a Linux system? I can;t get it to work on my Kodibuntu setup.
Hi jasn,

Sorry for the late reply, the post notification got sent to my email's junk filter.

I checked the setting you suggested, unfortunately all system related settings appear to be correct. Kodi is running happily at 1920x1200 at 60 Hz when rendering everything else. I'm on Windows btw, and have virtually no experience with Linux so I'm afraid I can't help you with Shadertoy on your setup.

For now I have found the apparent culprit for my specific case: I have a script that runs on startup which switches the system resolution to below native and back again (this is the only way I've found to get rid of an empty window that appears on startup). Disabling the script also removes the issue with Shadertoy. I can't quite grasp why switching resolutions before Kodi has even started would matter though... But it does.

Thanks for your reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shadertoy running at low internal resolution0