v15 Problem to play DTS sound format
Anybody has a problem to play movie with DTS sound format? I have a problem to play it ever since I download Kodi. It was fine with XMBC. I set my Pioneer Elite receiver to play "Pure direct" meaning let the native sound format passthrough the receiver w/o any modification. I had XMBC 10 and the receiver sound output shows DTS; however, when I use Kodi, it shows "PCM direct". I check all the set up and it shows DTS enable; Don't know why it happened like that. Anyone can provide a tip or a fix, I would really appreciate it.

Note: I have removed Kodi and reinstall XMBC 10 for the time being. If I can play DTS on Kodi, I can reinstall it.
Yes you can play dts on isengard and jarvis. But of course you make no mention of platform, operating system or provide a debug log (wiki) so pretty hard to say any more.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Also i moved your thread to a more logical place.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes, a Debug Log is needed. And if you are using intel hardware and using an HDMI connection, there are known EDID problems between intel and Pioneer (and some other receivers). Nothing Kodi is able to fix, as this is an Intel bug.

But let us see the Debug Log of jarvis first and get us some infos from your harfware specs
How do I get the debug log?

I'm running on Jaris on Window 10 btw.
Best would be to follow the link: Debug Log (<- hit me hard)

Or why do you think it's written in a different colour? Wink

For the note...maybe someone should move that to "Windows support"
here it is

http://xbmclogs.com/pf05bbhct
I have an Onkyo amp connected via SPDIF and that lights up DTS happily.

What are your KODI settings? Go into the SYSTEM settings. Make sure EXPERT mode is on and then look into AUDIO OUTPUT.

At the bottom half of this page you need to ENABLE PASSTHROUGH. This is what allows your audio head to the AMP untouched

* Enable Passthrough - YES
* Passthrough output device to WSAPI:SPDIF
* Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver - YES
* Enable Doby Diguital (AC3) transcoding - YES
* DTS Capable Receiver - YES

This is where you are telling KODI what your Amp can do.

This is working well on my setup as a DTS film will light up the DTS lights on the amp. Ditto a Dolby Digital soundtrack, that will also light up correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem to play DTS sound format0