Player: subtitles and overlay controls
The new skin is amazing, it does many things right. One of the things it improves over is that the player overlay is semitransparent.

However, while it's an improvement, I find still a bit annoying that the progressbar is overlaping the subtitles. See the screenshot:

I have some suggestions to improve on this:

* Tweak the color and alpha of the colored section of the progressbar so that it's comfortable enough for reading the subtitles through. All the other sections except for the colored one and the slider indicating the position allow reading the subtitle text nicely. Maybe using a darker or less saturated tone of cyan would help meld while still allowing to tell the progress clearly. I tried the other color themes but all of them are too bright and not nice to read through them.

* It was less intrusive when the progressbar was in the top. Maybe put it on the top again?

* If not on the top, try to set it to the very bottom, below where the subtitles would appear.

* If it's gonna stay like it is, then allow for customization of the time the player is kept on screen (even if it's in some hidden xml file). I realize that depending on the input you might prefer a longer time than another (for example with a mouse input a shorter delay is ok because the mouse will move more often while checking the buttons and menus but it won't be the same for gamepad/remote controls where the menu hiding while you are reading it would be annoying), so a default value for it would be hard to reach, just let it be customized. Or alternatively, have two different timeouts one when there's a mouse, one when there isn't
My "feature request" is kind of related to this. Smile See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263809
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player: subtitles and overlay controls0