Starting my Kodi engine - newbie - record help
Today attempting to switch over from WMC recording to Kodi on Windows 7 with HDHomerun Prime/cable card. It looks like the backend must be NextPVR for me to record.

1st question - Can I also have enabled the HDHomerun backend and the WMC Server backend at the same now. Presently all 3 are enabled. Guide is there and I can view channels on PC, and audio is fine, which is all ok. I want to record but when selecting the record button, nothing happens. I am so close but need help to know where I have missed a setup.

I also have WMC still running but the main reason I am jumping off is that the guide is slowly disappearing. It won't populate any more program data for some reason and I've been planning to do this move but now it is the time.
I don't think your can have multiple PVR addons enabled at the same time. If you're going to be using NextPVR, your best bet is setup NextPVR, check it's working correctly in NextPVR's own UI, then enable the addon in Kodi.
Thanks sub3 for the reply. I have disabled all pvr addons except for nextpvr. I have TV in the menu and a full guide as well as live TV. But when I attempt to sample a record this message appears...." an unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for more information ". Not sure what my next step will be. Trying to follow the wiki for kodi and nextpvr. Ok, where is the log file?

Is there a conflict with windows media center running at the same time?
Are recordings working fine if you do them in NextPVR itself?
Here is perhaps an issue. Brought up NextPVR on its own and there is nothing in the guide, unlike Kodi where there is data in the guide. Tried quick record on current time for unlisted no data and it is recording. Now how do I get data......must u now subscribe to a service??
If you've got guide data in kodi, but none in NextPVR, then it sounds like you're not really using that NextPVR backend. I'm guessing you're still using one of those other backends you've mentioned. Either that or Kodi is confused over your previous attempts to have multiple backends. ie, NextPVR wouldn't be able to record a show that isn't from it's own guide data.
The other back ends have been disabled. I will be home shortly to check if the test record worked. Be back shortly. OK, the unknown program recorded in a half hour block, it looks like, at a total of 33 minutes. Now to find the secret to loading a guide then perhaps it would record the full length as well as name the file.

Kodi will still not record and has a populated guide......Nextpvr will record and has an unpopulated guide. I am about to follow the instructions for setting up schedules direct. When nextpvr has a loaded guide will i be able then to set a recording in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting my Kodi engine - newbie - record help0