Win Kodi 16.0 Jarvis: ERROR. Unable to creat GUI. Exiting.
15.2 Isengard was working perfectly fine, but 16.0 and 16.1_rc_1 give this error.

Hardware:

ASUS ux305ca
Intel m3-6Y30 cpu
intel hd515 graphics
4GB ram
128gb lite-on ssd

Software:
Windows 10 Home version 1511 64bit
intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4380(beta)
directx 12

When I first installed 16.0 I had intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4331 installed which came with the laptop. When I got the error, I updated the graphics driver via windows update to version 4364. This didn't solve the problem so I went to the intel website to fetch the 4380 beta driver which also did not help.

I find this error strange since I got the impression that this problem occurs with old hardware and old drivers and not with the latest hardware+software.

Does anyone know what is wrong here? I could not resolve the problem using google and search on this site.
Seems here is a new driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...1-10-15-40-
I just installed 4404, but alas, 16.0 and 16.1 rc1 still give the Unable to create GUI error.

While I am typing this post I have found the issue by accident for I started Kodi for the first time without hdmi cable plugged into my laptop. Kodi 16.1rc1 starts up and it works as long as I do not have Kodi opening on the 2nd screen. I can also put the hdmi cable back into my laptop, in windows extend display to my TV, change display mode to Fullscreen #2 and then start up Kodi without crashing. But, when I start Kodi 16.x to open on my television(fullscreen #2) via hdmi, which is my default since I use Kodi to watch on the couch, it crashes.

I have enabled debugging and this is the old log I think:
http://xbmclogs.com/pf7ysif5e

http://xbmclogs.com/pqkguqmqo (new, dont think you need this)
Interesting case. I'll try to figure out what's going wrong.
I do not know how, and I am not sure, but it seems like the driver(or windows 10) is switching the displays if you know what I mean. I also sometimes have trouble waking up my laptop from sleepmode and I believe the driver(or windows 10) somehow outputs to the extended display and the built-in screen remains turned off, even when I havent connected to a second screen. It just happened and when I connected to my tv via hdmi I got the logon screen.

This is really weird, moreso because I only get the crash with Jarvis. I also do not know if these things are related.
My Windows Vista laptop is getting the message ERROR. Unable to creat GUI. Exiting. Does anyone know how to fix it?
(2016-04-07, 18:27)alorave Wrote: My Windows Vista laptop is getting the message ERROR. Unable to creat GUI. Exiting. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Install DirectX 11
It says I already have EasyDocMerge .
I already have EasyDocMerge installed.
(2016-04-07, 18:47)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 18:27)alorave Wrote: My Windows Vista laptop is getting the message ERROR. Unable to creat GUI. Exiting. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Install DirectX 11
I have downloaded DirectX 11 and still my Windows Vista laptop is getting the message ERROR. Unable to create GUI. Exiting. Does anyone know how to fix it?
You highjacked other one's thread and did not post your Debug Log - so please do so.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can someone Skype me with a solution of ERROR. Unable to create GUI. Exiting.
I'd guess it's because your gfx chip isn't dx11 compatible which is why installing it doesn't fix the prob.
Any other suggestions?
Can I assume it is not possible to repair?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis: ERROR. Unable to creat GUI. Exiting.0