v15 WNBC addon oddity
Hi
Using an Odroid C1+, Linux ARMhf Ubuntu 14.03 LTS and Insengard15.3
Most noticeable on Chicago Fire , and Grinn, but I suspect others as well

Earlier episodes fail with an error, later ones play, the error message in the log is
Code:
13:07:41 T:2750157856  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:07:42 T:2750157856   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/odroid/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.wnbc/default.py", line 320, in <module>
                                                elif mode=='GV':  getVideo(p('url'))
                                              File "/home/odroid/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.wnbc/default.py", line 237, in getVideo
                                                surl = re.compile('<meta name="twitter:player" content="(.+?)"',re.DOTALL).search(html).group(1)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:07:42 T:3035140096   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.wnbc/?url=%2F%2Fplayer.theplatform.com%2Fp%2FNnzsPC%2Fonsite_:
This occurs with both python 2.7 and python 3.4

Has anyone any idea how to fix this please
Read the support thread, rather than creating a new thread. The answer is there.
I looked on other threads and searched , and did not find anything.

why not show WHERE the answer is instead of flaming someone for asking a question Huh??
Ok. Let me help you out. Typing "WNBC" in the search box for "Video Add-ons" (which you were able to find to post this thread) yields several posts to the support thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...light=wnbc The answer you are seeking is explained within the first several posts so I'm not going to repeat them here.
Thanks for the reply
I do have a subscribed elite proxy US connection, it doesn't seem to be a timeout issue as it throws up the error very fast.
no problems with WABC and WCBS either.

For instance on the series Chicago Fire , the latest 5 episodes all play ,4x12 onwards , anything earlier throws up the error
The same happens on the series Grinn
from what reading I've done it seems that the python error
"AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group' "
occurs when the search criteria isn't exactly met
I also see you have a later version on github, but that is the same as I 'm using 1.0.13
It doesn't occur on all shows, just some.

Also very strange is that some of the episodes have been watched on an earlier version of kodi when i first got the odroid C1+
last year, little quad core ARMhf beastie.
A bit more info

I get exactly the same results using my laptop Kodi 16RC1 64 bit
I used it with the same elite proxy so the recent episodes 4x12 played, but
earlier episodes 4x11 and earlier produced the same error.
So it sorta rules out the odroid ARMhf platform as the same happens on a x86_64 machine, both running linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WNBC addon oddity0