Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'
(2016-03-19, 04:32)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 03:46)Gustovier Wrote: I also see this same issue as well. I'll be watching a show and then all of a sudden the tuner no longer avail message will appear. I can go back into guide and start up the channel for viewing again no problems but the only way to get rid of the notification is to close out Kodi.
Are you on wifi or wired network?

Everything is wired (prime tuner) but the Nvidia shield is wireless. I also see the same issue happen on my living room PC which is wired. Which logs specifically will help?
It's pretty much best to get a complete set of logs. ie, use NextPVR's zip logs feature, which collects complete set on the NextPVR side. On the kodi side, enable debug logging before reproducing the problem, then post the kodi.log.
I have had this issue before but i believe it was due to a 10/100 switch.... I put all my devices, tuners and my server on a gigabit switch and have never seen it again. Perhaps the release of the tuner is experiencing network lag?
I also had this issue and had to replace three smaller switches with one large gigabit switch. All is well now.
Same issue here - only occationally I get no tuner availble - no network - Next PVR & Kodi 16.2 on the same machine
(2016-03-14, 05:11)sub3 Wrote: That message is probably just saying it can't talk to NextPVR at all.

If you view http://127.0.0.1:8866 in your browser (on the NextPVR PC), do you see it's web page? ie, telling us the NextPVR webserver is running, which is what Kodi talks to.

When I click on this link two things happen.

1. I get this message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.

2. LIveTV stops and I get the message NextPVR PVR Client Tuner no longer available
(2016-05-01, 17:18)AdamJDUK Wrote: When I click on this link two things happen.

1. I get this message:

The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.
Sounds like you need to fix the permissions on that directory then.

Usually the SYSTEM account would have full access to that directory.
(2016-05-01, 20:04)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 17:18)AdamJDUK Wrote: When I click on this link two things happen.

1. I get this message:

Sounds like you need to fix the permissions on that directory then.

Usually the SYSTEM account would have full access to that directory.

That's what I thought but no matter what I try to do I can't change the permissions of it! It's looking more and more like this is the problem with NEXTPVR on my system.

I've reinstalled NextPVR. The link now works and it didn't stop live TV when I clicked on it. Fingers crossed...
Based on that error message - reinstalling NextPVR wouldn't help. You'd need change the permissions on that directory to give the System account full access. If you still get that same error message, then it sounds like you're not setting the permissions correctly.
Sorry, should have explained everything I did

I took ownership of the folder then gave SYSTEM full control, still not working so I gave USER, ADMIN, everyone on the list full control. This still didn't work so I reinstalled NextPVR. It now works! I'm wondering if the first install couldn't write to this folder as I've had this problem from day 1. Anyway seems to work now fingers crossed. Also the random error from Kodi when my computer wakes from sleep has gone!

Thanks for the help.
(2016-03-19, 18:55)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 16:01)urbanblue74 Wrote: I have exactly the same issue.
Post your logs and we'll take a look.

I'm still having the same issue as when I started the thread.

Ive uploaded logs again, greatly appreciate if you have a look.

Its really annoying because when Kodi is started it hangs for up to a few minutes with a message box 'Working" on the screen before the program becomes responsive.

Once it is ready everything works fine except there is an error notification which stays on the screen for ages 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'?

Strangely it sometimes does not happen, and Kodi will open and start working immediately?

FYI re the log I just uploaded
http://xbmclogs.com/pcvkxmnwn
I turned on debug logging in Kodi.
I exited Kodi, then restarted Kodi (it opened immediately and went straight to TV) with no errors.
I exited Kodi again, then restarted Kodi again (the issue occurred again and Kodi took more than 2 minutes to become responsive)
(2016-05-03, 13:10)Rainbowserpant Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 18:55)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 16:01)urbanblue74 Wrote: I have exactly the same issue.
Post your logs and we'll take a look.

Its really annoying because when Kodi is started it hangs for up to a few minutes with a message box 'Working" on the screen before the program becomes responsive.

Once it is ready everything works fine except there is an error notification which stays on the screen for ages 'Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'?

Strangely it sometimes does not happen, and Kodi will open and start working immediately?

I exited Kodi, then restarted Kodi (it opened immediately and went straight to TV) with no errors.
I exited Kodi again, then restarted Kodi again (the issue occurred again and Kodi took more than 2 minutes to become responsive)
Sorry, I'd also need to the NextPVR logs for the same time.
(2016-05-04, 02:26)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 13:10)Rainbowserpant Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 18:55)sub3 Wrote: Post your logs and we'll take a look.

Sorry, I'd also need to the NextPVR logs for the same time.

Ok, here are new Kodi logs with the problem reproduced http://xbmclogs.com/pjfbdoup0

Here are the Next PVR logs for the same time also (I didnt open Next PVR while i reproduced the kodi problem, does this matter? I assume Next PVR is running in the background and records logs when kodi is opened?).
Next PVR log
(2016-05-08, 02:55)Rainbowserpant Wrote: Ok, here are new Kodi logs with the problem reproduced http://xbmclogs.com/pjfbdoup0

Here are the Next PVR logs for the same time also (I didnt open Next PVR while i reproduced the kodi problem, does this matter? I assume Next PVR is running in the background and records logs when kodi is opened?).
Next PVR log
Did you see any video in Kodi before you got this error (I'm assuming no)? Is the same channel viewable in NextPVR itself?

It looks like you digital tuner has failed to lock onto the signal, so no data to stream to Kodi, which results in this message.
I'll be keeping watch on this topic as it seems I'm getting the same problems.

Kodi hags on start while trying to make contact with nextPVR and sometimes loses contact with next while watching

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'1