XinBox (V.1.0) Beta Testers Wanted/Needed!
Star 
Hi All,

UPDATE: I also need a skinner to skin the script for different screen resolutions, i only have a pal 4x3 telly so need it skinned for other resolutions! Help pleeeease!

After many months of hard work, I am now ready for some testers to bash my script and find hopefully not many bugs.

Heres a run down on the script:

XinBox
By Stanley87

Features:

Unlimited Accounts and Unlimited Inboxes:

Set-up an account . In each account, you set-up inboxes for all your email addresses. Accounts can have passwords for security.)

Inbox Features:

User selectable Email notification SFX.
(Xinbox comes with 3x SFX built-in (Mail Mother FCKER, You have email, Silent)

Pre-set email settings, type in your email address and it will pop-up with the settings for you.
(if it doesnt, please post your ISP email settings here in this form:
"gmail.com" : ["pop.gmail.com","smtp.gmail.com","995","587","2879"]

"gmail.com" = what you would enter as your email address after the "@" sign.
"pop.gmail.com" = your ISP's pop address
"smtp.gmail.com" = your ISP's smtp address
"995" = your ISP's pop SSL port # - most do not require this, if not then use "0"
"587" = your isp's smtp SSL port - most do not require this, if not then use "0"

"2879" = the normal size of your ISP's inbox size in MB's.

I will add your email settings into the pre-set settings.

Default Inbox:

Enable this and XinBox will log straight into this inbox when the account is logged into.

Default Account:

Enable this and XinBox will log straight into this account when the script is run. (Combine with Default Inbox, to allow XinBox to log straight into your selected inbox when script is run)

Compose emails (add, delete attachments).

Reply to emails/forward emails, open/view/save attachments)

CC and BCC in compose emails.

Mini-Mode:

Mini mode closes the script and checks for emails in all the inboxes in your account that you have enabled mini-mode in whilst you eg. watch a movie.
When a new email is received, XinBox will notify you with a small dialog, whilst this dialog is showing, you can press A to open the inbox and then read the new email, or press Back, or wait 8 seconds, the dialog will close and continue to check for emails.
You can set the time between checking for emails in the Edit Account menu.
You can also, set minimode to run on xbox startup.

Server/Inbox size labels:

These labels keep track of the size of your inbox and also the size on your server. You can set the size of these in your inbox menu and it will change to red if the size is greater than 90% of your defined capacity.

Delete Emails:

You can delete emails from your inbox/from the server or both.

Keep emails on server:

This option defaults to True in your inbox menu, change to false if you want XinBox to delete emails off server when received.

Plus: Many other features here and there that I have forgotten.

If you would like to test/translate, please post your interest here or PM me your email address.

Or if you can provide ISP settings as defined above, please post here.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Stanley87
Note: To Gmail users.

Please make sure your Gmail settings are ok.

Go into your Gmail inbox, go to settings, go to forwarding and pop

Click "Enable pop for all email that arrives from now on"

XinBox will only work with this settings not "Enable pop for all email that has already been downloaded" as this causes issues.

Also, with Gmail, there pop server works differently to other ISP's.

They basically have two servers, one is your main inbox (web) and the second is a pop inbox. When emails are accessed via pop, gmail deletes them from its pop inbox. They will still remain in your main server(web) tho.

Hence, there is no way for Xinbox to delete them from server as Gmail has done this. So, for Gmail inboxes. XinBox can not delete from server/delete emails when they are received .Also, the server size label will always show server is empty.

So, don’t panic, they will still be in your main gmail inbox as Xinbox wont touch this at all.

Cheers,
Stanley87
Hi, i've always wanted a mini mode type email service on the box. Thanks very much for developing it!
If you could send me a beta to [email protected] (i use gmail) that'd be brilliant.
Thanks
Stanley why not use XBMC_PC to skin the script Smile easy! All res are yours for the picking.
Nice job Stanley,

I checked out the rar in /tags/. You did some interesting animations. I ran it in 720p, looks fine except maybe for some images like the buttons at the bottom. If you add <apectratio>keep</aspectratio> to things like that, you may not need a pal16x9 version. At the very most maybe just a few minor changes between pal and pal16x9.

Alot of options, easy to use, well done.

Also when using the scrollbars the preview doesn't update. If there isn't maybe an option to disable the preview.

I did have one issue, please use the new scrollbars Smile

One more thing, I really like how the gmail servers were automagically configured when I entered my e-mail address. Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Yeh, thats the pre-set settings :-D

If you know any other common ones, please let me know so I can add them in. The format is above :-D

yeh, i noticed the scrollbar didnt update the preview. It updats the preview on focus, so wasnt sure what i could do here.

I do use xbmc_pc but some people complaing about overscan or something.

I will use the aspect ratio.

I may need to steal your update script from xbmclyrics if that is ok with you?

Also, i noticed there is no way to move the music overlay/video overlay and also, the fade in/out everytime a python window is opened/closed which is annoying. It does this even know i have set allowoverlay on everywindow to off.

Any ideas about this?

Cheers,
Stanley87

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XinBox (V.1.0) Beta Testers Wanted/Needed!0