Recordings not working after updating to Jarvis and Ubuntu 14.04
So I went and updated my Kodi box to Jarvis and then I updated my Ubuntu box running myth to 14.04.
I'm pretty sure things were working fine after updating to Jarvis (but I can't be 100% sure).
But I definitely noticed that after upgrading to 14.04 the Recording section of the MythTV plug-in only shows a 'Default' recording that seems to hang my Kodi box.

I've double checked the settings and everything seems to match up just fine. When I use MythWeb to check my recordings I can see all the old recordings and I can stream them using the Web interface. In fact there are new recordings that were made after updating t 14.04.

It seems like the issue is between Kodi and Myth but I am not sure how to pull a log file to put this to the test.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated
Make sure you are also using the new Jarvis Mythtv Addon. You might still be using the old Isengard

I dont have any issues after the upgrade. Post a debug_log (wiki) when you get a chance
Any idea on how to re-install the Myth PVR add-on for Jarvis? I uninstalled the one that was installed but I can't seem to find what repo it is in.
You have to install it via apt-get
hmmm there must be another way, I am running Kodi on a Pivos android box
Mac, Windows and Android versions of Kodi ship with the PVR addons; Linux versions do not. Your best bet on Linux is to compile from scratch.

(I find this especially true for Debian/Ubuntu-based distros, as their apt repositories seem to always be lagging behind in versions.)
I thought this was all on Ubuntu, as you never mentioned android before. Sorry, i dont think you can update it outside of Kodi, unlike Linux versions

Please post a debug_log (wiki) so maybe the dev can look at it and see the issues

Cheers!
I'll have to track down how to get the debug log.
All I know is that
a) myth-pvr plugin was there when I installed Kodi 14, 15, and 16.
b) I f'ed up by deleting it before checking to see if I could get it back
c) hoping I don't have to re-install everything, I just got things setup nicely Smile
Well I have had zero success trying to track down a way to replace mythtv-pvr add-on for Jarvis on Android.

Is my only option to uninstall and re-install kodi?
Yes, It is the only option. The addon is provided with kodi package.
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

if you installed kodi via packages, you already have the right package/ppa available

http://kodi.wiki/view/Ubuntu_PVR_add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings not working after updating to Jarvis and Ubuntu 14.040