Kodi Freezes After Sleep
After long sleep Kodi np longer in full screen but rather in some smaller window. I can navigate through the menu but if I try to exit kodi or shutdown the system Kodi Freezes and I then have to use mouse to reboot.

My System Is:

Kodi: 16.0 Jarvis
HTPC connected to AV Receiver

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell CPU
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3
  • 3x WD RED 2TB SATA3 6GB HD (RAID-Data)
  • 1x Baracuda 1TB SATA3 6GB HD (OS)
  • HX850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU
  • Silverstone LC16 HTPC Case

Driver issue. Most likely the DirectX context does not resume after suspend ... try to install newer drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can you see if toggle of "\" does anything?

Try "fritsch" suggestion or alternately test out EDID override with Moninfo
(2016-03-15, 07:32)bluemanta Wrote: After long sleep Kodi np longer in full screen but rather in some smaller window. I can navigate through the menu but if I try to exit kodi or shutdown the system Kodi Freezes and I then have to use mouse to reboot.
Smaller window is related to: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16638 - see referenced threads for potential workarounds for now...

But Kodi should not freeze even if you see the only the "small window". But could be related based on your GPU and driver as a side effect. HDMI audio is also a possibility here, as it is treated as an external device per specification. But the later is another can of worms.

Can you try to play something and not exit Kodi and see if you hear audio? Do you have navigation sounds enabled? If so try to disable if it makes a difference. Just trying to find out with the supplied information if it is audio related.

Also debug logs would be useful to see what Kodi is trying when it freezes and you have to kill the task after resuming.

Also switching between fullscreen and windowed mode should reset the "small window" problem as well. Does the system behave correctly again when you try this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Freezes After Sleep0