OS X Which is stable version?
Hi, I have two questions- related. First, can someone tell me which Kodi version should run properly on a mac mini with El Cap installed? I've tried 16.0, 16alpha1, 16alpha4, and the nightly (krypton?) from 2 days ago. There may have been a 15.x in there too. I go through the same thing with slight variations each time- Launch Kodi, select TV show, press play, crash. Then if i do the same thing once or maybe twice more, it will play. And before you ask, no it's not on the same file, or even the same type of file every time. Question two is, do the skins have any bearing on whether the application is stable? Huh
1. Latest stable (16.0) is probably best.
2. Skins do have a bearing. Confluence will be most stable and should be used for all testing.
I would also recommend using only official add ons.

If you still have problems, start here.
The better the info is that you provide, the better your chances that someone can help with resolving your issue.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I have that issue on my mini and my MBPro as well trying to run 16 and 16.1 The crash goes so fast there is nothing in the log to submit. I have submitted what I had including the apple crash report some time ago. I run stock configurations and no add-ons.
I reported this problem back already with RC3.
I haven't tried v17 alpha yet, but for me the last stable is 15.2.

Logs on 16.1
Apple crash log
Kodi crash log
Try the v16.1 test build from the downloads page.
That is what I'm using. V 16.1 RC1. Just updated logs above taken just now.
that log is the wrong one (its the one where it shows how you upload the log - not the one from the crash). As of the crashlog it looks like you are using a remote app. Which one is it and what exactly do you do on that remote app?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The remote app is the official Kodi iOS app. What I do is start Kodi on the mini, then start the app and find the movie I want to play and play it. As soon as I hit play, Kodi instantly crashes.
Just did this on my macbook pro 15 retina. Starting a movie with keyboard is fine, with the iOS official app, it crashes instantly.

Log file.
yeah, sorry I just realized that I failed to say that i'm also using the remote app.
If I use rowmote to control Kodi...no problem.
okay so I installed 16.0. I played around with it for a while with the default skin. Worked perfectly. Changed skin to Amber (was using it before), and played for quite a while more. Still all good using the keyboard/mouse. So i was like "oh, great, all fixed". But as soon as i pressed play on the iOS remote, crash. So i'm 99% sure it's the remote. So what do i do about that?
Yup, I did the same thing last night using a keyboard and real mouse and also my rowmote app on my iPad with no problem. It definitely has something to do with the Kodi iOS app.
Please try this testbuild and report back (its based on jarvis 16.0):

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I downloaded that and just tested it for about 20 minutes with the (official kodi iOS) remote. It seems to have no issues at all. I'll update after my normal evening watching if I have any problems. So, Memphiz, I don't know who you are, or where what you had me download fits into the kodi family-tree. What did you do, and is the fix something that will just show up in regular releases? I never seem to be able to know when to update, and just updating to "stable" obviously isn't foolproof..? Anyway, thanks for the response- solved my problem for now.
(2016-03-19, 14:50)Memphiz Wrote: Please try this testbuild and report back (its based on jarvis 16.0):

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

@Memphiz , that works perfectly on both my 2010 mini and my MacbookPro retina! I'm sure this fix will find its way into Kodi 16.1.
Memphiz, thanks again...!
(2016-03-19, 20:30)mistergreen Wrote: So, Memphiz, I don't know who you are

The osx/ios maintainer of Kodi

(2016-03-19, 20:30)mistergreen Wrote: or where what you had me download fits into the kodi family-tree.

What i wanted you to download is called a test build. We use those for verifying if a bugfix really fixes a problem a user reported.

(2016-03-19, 20:30)mistergreen Wrote: What did you do, and is the fix something that will just show up in regular releases?

Due to the positive feedback for the fix it will show up in 16.1 (if its not to late for that) or 16.2 and of course in nightlies for 17.0 once the bugfix was approved/merged into the mainline code.

(2016-03-19, 20:30)mistergreen Wrote: I never seem to be able to know when to update, and just updating to "stable" obviously isn't foolproof..?

Well - thats the problem with the OSX Community for Kodi. Team Kodi puts a big amount of time into publishing Alpha, Beta and Release Candidate Releases of any upcoming stable releases and also promotes them heavily on http://kodi.tv. The purpose of doing Beta and RC releases is to give users a chance to test it and report bugs before the final / stable version is released. The OSX community regulary fails to make use of this opportunity but keeps downloading only the "so called" stable releases. But our releases are not "stable" per definition.

They are a state where either the community stops reporting serious bugs or when the team thinks "this bugfixing will go on forever - lets release the shit". So its not a stable release - its more of a final release.

Long story short. You have the right to complain about bugs in final releases. But it is not right because you have the chance to test and report bugs before the release happens. Its not that i am able to fix everything that gets reported. But maybe 1 out of 10 issues.

thx for reading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which is stable version?0