LiveTV menu item missing
Just setup a new media configuration

Backend (PVR): MythTV
Frontend : Rapsberry Pi3 using Kodi

I just installed the Myth Frontend addon and enabled live TV. Does the LiveTV menu not show if I have no tv sources configured on the backend yet?
The Mythtv pvr addon for Kodi expects a fully configured mythtv-backend. I have no idea what will/would happen with a partially configured mythtv-backend.
The menu "Live TV" is enabled when addon pulls at least one channel from the backend.
Else no menu is displayed because there is nothing to show.
But recordings still available in video menu , as a source.
I am having the same issue with the exact same scenario:

Mythtv .27 running on intel NUC
openelec kodi running on raspberry pi 3
Openelec mythtv plugin, pointing to correct backend IP address (192.168.220.210)

1 recording exists on backend. I initiated this through the mythweb interface, via the programming guide. So I know it is properly receiving the guide, and I can remotely access and initiate recordings via the guide/mythweb.
Kodi sees that there is 1 recording, through the system menu, under pvr status. Also kodi sees the correct version of mythtv, correct IP address. PIN is indeed set to 0000 on myth backend. Port is set to 6544.

However, no top level "TV" menu item in kodi to access the features. So I tried to trick it, by telling it to boot into the tv menu, which it does, but displays a message something to the effect of "PVR plugin not running" or something, I'll find out the exact message this evening and post back. On one boot attempt, I was able to actually see the show, and play it. However in addition to no access to the TV menu (unless I tell it to boot into it), there is no channel info, no programming guide. Everything blank.

So I'm at a bit of a loss right now, as it appears kodi does indeed see the server, but the plugin menu is in-accessble via normal means, nor does it display any content. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I hope I can get this working as I want my OTA pvr but really like what kodi has to offer over the standard myth frontend as far as other features. Kind of best of both worlds solution if I can get it to work. If not raspberry pi by maybe a second nook using the linux kodi or something. But the raspberry pi seems to do everythings else ok for me (streaming music/video from my NAS) However doesn't seem to have ISO image playback but that is another thread....

Thanks
David Jenkinson
Forgot to include:
Yes indeed the myth pvr plugin is set to the correct IP address etc, I even added the MAC address to that field in an attempt to solve this. Everything seems according to the tutorials I've read on the setup of this plugin.

Any help appreciated...

Dave
Make sure LiveTV is enabled in the Settings - LiveTV option. and of course make sure the MythTV PVR addon is enabled

If thats done, then please post a debug_log (wiki) so maybe the devs can see the errors
Perhaps this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2284728 may help shed some light.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks forgot to post back, yes that did shed some light. When I went back to the myth server setup/channel list, I did notice a couple channels had some non-printable characters in the name. Fixed it and boom can see/play recordings on the nuc, using the linux kodi on the same box.
However, on my rasberry pi kodi, I could also then see the tv item, etc. But when going to play the recordings, or live tv, no video on that unit. Not quite sure why, as it works great playing content otherwise (videos/music from dlna nas box I have, also the repository channels). So hmmmm.
Also not quite sure why when navigating through dlna, to my nas to play dvd .iso files, it doesn't display them.
Does your Pi have the MPEG2 codec license key in its config.txt? LiveTV is most often broadcast as MPEG2 encapsulated in a MPEG-TS container; DVDs are MPEG2 encoded. If you don't have the codec, you may want to also increase your clockrates and/or GPU memory allocation.

Another thought is about which hardware acceleration, if any, you are using on the Pi; as an alternative to MMAL you can try OMXPlayer.
Also, be sure you have configured your backend with NO IPV6: meaning you have to setup IPv6 address to ::1 .
Else remote kodi front can't connect right to the backend because your network hasn't been configured for ipv6.
Using a local frontend will work using ipv6 address ::1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV menu item missing0