xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog help needed
Hi everyone, I'm trying to set up my screensaver in a way that users can define their own xml file which my screensaver will use.
Of course it's imperative for that xml file not to be in either screensaver directory or skin directory since it will be overwritten when either of those two upgrade.
I've tried doing something like userdata/screensaver.digitalclock//resources/skins/default but no luck, it seems it reads the xml file but then says there is no xml file (I know that the same xml file will work in either screensaver or skin directory)

Is there a way to force xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog to use xml file from a certain location?

Let me know if you need more information
Thanks!
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
nope, the xml file needs to be part of your addon, or included in the skin you use.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-18, 22:40)ronie Wrote: nope, the xml file needs to be part of your addon, or included in the skin you use.

Understood!
While we're at it, I've got another question.
If I'm fast enough with starting Kodi and then turning on screensaver, the information for weather (temperature and conditions) show Busy.
I've set it up in the screensaver to read that information until it changes to something different, but I feel like the screensaver doesn't let Kodi update the weather information.
I'm basing this on the fact that when I exit the screensaver and re-enter it the information is normal.

The same thing happens if I change weather provider and then quickly enter screensaver before Kodi manages to refresh the information.

Any ideas? Smile
kodi will only fetch weather if certain infolabels are present in the current window.

try if adding one of them to your screensaver xml file.
http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Weather_labels
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have three of them:
Weather.Conditions
Weather.Temperature
Weather.fanartcode

I'm getting the values using xbmc.getInfoLabel() in the python file and then set them in the xml file using setLabel().
Is that enough?
Got it taken care off, thanks Ronie!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog help needed0