Webgrab++ Management For Kodi (Helly Repo)
Hi

I installed this addon on Openelec and i m trying to set it up but I m stuck..

I normally use Webgrab on my pc and download epg xml to my kodi openelec on same network and works fine..but need to obviously do it from the pc..

Is there a way to control webgrab on my pc with this addon from openelec?

I found this on Helly repo but not much info about this addon and how it works...

Also I m not sure what the update.sh setting is....couldn't find any file named lke that in the webgrab folder...

Thanks for any help
hi, I do not know how much you are able to ssh into an openelec but here http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/installation/linux you find a pretty good documentation. which PVR are you using?
The update.sh file is typically placed in the ~/wg++ directory which you need to create by yourself ... see here: http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/int.../tvheadend this can then be triggered via a cron job in Linux.
rebuilding ....
Hi..i m loading the xml in ftv guide addon...webgrab is already installed on my windows pc...I just tought I could run it from the rpi2 with openelec...I m not trying to install webgrab itself on the rpi...just need some kind of command to run it..tought this addon was for that purpose...thanks for your help
ok, so now I understand what you wanted to say/ask!
I did not know the add-on from Helly - as it seems to me the add-on does only manage local webgrab instances and not remote ones. what you could try is to share the folders from your PC and try the add-on again.

but actually its also possible to install and run webgrab++ on the RPI.
I have tvheadend and webgrab running on RPI2.
rebuilding ....
Hi krijeck...Actually that's what i v done...I shared the ProgramData folder altogether and set the addon to those files...actually the guide.xml is already going straight to the rpi when downloaded...it's set in the config.xml to be downloaded to "\\192.168.0.50\sandisk 16g\Guide\guide.xml" which is a usb drive on the rpi..that works fine...webgrab log.xml is on the Pc and update.sh I have no idea what to do...

Been searching all around these forums to hopefully find a thread about this addon but no success..doesn't look like it's very popular yet

Do you mean you have webgrab++ running alongside openelec or is it a dedicated linux distro with tvheadened and webgrab instaled on it...can you install Kodi on your system?...I bet you can..
hi. seems like that specific Add-on is really not very popular - I also did not find it here or elsewhere. might be an unsupported add-on as I also did not find the Helly Repo on the official Kodi Wiki.
Maybe I will give it anyhow a try. But currently I just installed it on one Kodi instance which I use for testing (without local webgrab).

and yes - I just (actually today) installed webgrab++ on a dedicated RPI linux distro (raspbian) with tvheadend. So I have a dedicated TV server and all my Kodi machines can access it (and I had to many raspberry pi around my house Wink ).

I have also a PC running Ubuntu with Kodi installed. There is a local tvheadend and webgrab installed. As I never managed to run cronjob for EPG update I use the callback Kodi add-on (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256170) which triggers update.sh every time Kodi starts. So the EPG is always up to date - and I do not need cron (actually this will be the next step on my RPI - let see if it works).
rebuilding ....
Be aware that Webgrab++ has just become available as a prepared add-on with LibreELEC fork of openELEC, No fuss just check its installed and enable via LibreELEC addon repository. Wink

More information in LibreELEC forum HERE
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webgrab++ Management For Kodi (Helly Repo)0