HELP! Kodi opening to Ikono!
Exclamation 
Hi! I am completely new to this whole thing but I seem to be having an issue on mh firestick with Kodi and I have zero clue how to fix it. Every time I open the app it says "laden" snd then loads and opens to ikonotv and not the actual Kodi app it was once opening to. Can someone please please give me some insight snd suggestions on how to fix this? Everywhere I look for assistance I seem to be striking out. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
(2016-03-20, 19:17)Lynevada Wrote: Hi! I am completely new to this whole thing but I seem to be having an issue on mh firestick with Kodi and I have zero clue how to fix it. Every time I open the app it says "laden" snd then loads and opens to ikonotv and not the actual Kodi app it was once opening to. Can someone please please give me some insight snd suggestions on how to fix this? Everywhere I look for assistance I seem to be striking out. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
There is another app called Lama(?) That replaces the Ikono functionality to run Kodi. Unfortunately, Lama does not work with the new fire stick OS 5.05. But you really don't need it. Google how to install Firestarter. This is a better method if you do not already have it.
(2016-03-20, 19:21)Idokfire Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 19:17)Lynevada Wrote: Hi! I am completely new to this whole thing but I seem to be having an issue on mh firestick with Kodi and I have zero clue how to fix it. Every time I open the app it says "laden" snd then loads and opens to ikonotv and not the actual Kodi app it was once opening to. Can someone please please give me some insight snd suggestions on how to fix this? Everywhere I look for assistance I seem to be striking out. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
There is another app called Lama(?) That replaces the Ikono functionality to run Kodi. Unfortunately, Lama does not work with the new fire stick OS 5.05. But you really don't need it. Google how to install Firestarter. This is a better method if you do not already have it.

Okay! I'll look for it now! And fire started will fix the issue of Kodi opening to Ikono and not the area it was before with my movie snd tv streaming options?
(2016-03-20, 19:24)Lynevada Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 19:21)Idokfire Wrote:

Okay! I'll look for it now! And fire started will fix the issue of Kodi opening to Ikono and not the area it was before with my movie snd tv streaming options?
No, you won't be able to have an icon there any longer or use Ikono. Instead, you will be able to replace the home button click. Personally I set it to double click to launch Kodi. It will also allow you to launch to Kodi on reboot.
It's not going to "fix" per se, you will need to un-install Llama first, then install Fire Starter and configure Fire Starter to launch Kodi with either a single or double click of Firestick "Home" button.
I have went ahead and uninstalled ikonotv and installed fire starter, but from there what would I have to do to get it all up and running and find the tv shows and movies again?
You need to launch firestarter and go into settings then click on say kodi for one click and firetv hompage for say two clicks

open amazon home page and click settings/applications/manage installed applications/firestarter/launch application
then go to settings last down on the left hand side and scroll down to start up application (i usually put no action)
keep scrolling down to home button single click application and put kodi and scroll down to home button double click and put firetv home (amazon homepage)
(2016-03-20, 19:36)Lynevada Wrote: I have went ahead and uninstalled ikonotv and installed fire starter, but from there what would I have to do to get it all up and running and find the tv shows and movies again?

Its function is to launch Kodi but it will not find TV shows and Movies for you.
(2016-03-20, 19:36)Lynevada Wrote: I have went ahead and uninstalled ikonotv and installed fire starter, but from there what would I have to do to get it all up and running and find the tv shows and movies again?

Kodi does not provide content. You have to supply your own TV shows and movies and add them to your library.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP! Kodi opening to Ikono!0