How to always show mouse pointer?
I'm thinking about making a basic mouse based skin that acts more like any other Windows based windowed application and not like a fullscreen media center. My reason for this is simply that I can not find any skin that acts like this, so my solution is to just buckle down and do it myself. Only problem is that I've never made a skin for Kodi and have limited XML knowledge. Of course if you guys know of any skin like this I wouldn't mind just dropping my plans and get that instead.

Anyway, so far I've managed to decompile the Textures.xbt and recompile it with the default windows pointer. Then I changed the size of the pointer to be the same as the windows pointer in the Pointer.xml file. Not a whole lot so far, but you gotta start somewhere and get the basics down first.

At this stage I'm just looking to get decent mouse controls which means I need the mouse pointer to never timeout. Currently it times out and hides itself after roughly 6 seconds, I'm assuming it's based on some global idle timeout in Kodi, but where do I find this setting and disable it? I tried simply putting in <visible>True</visible> under the controls in the Pointer.xml file, and that removed flickering of the mouse when hovering slowly between buttons (different mouse controls), but the SystemIdle time overrides these settings and hide the pointer regardless.

Secondly I need the pointer to hide itself when it leaves the window and reappear when the pointer enters the window, and when I say leave and enter I do not mean whether the window HasFocus or not, just a simple pointer over window detection.
afaik it's all hardcoded in kodi itself and not user configurable.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I see, that sucks but thanks for the reply.
+1 get over the remote control phase..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to always show mouse pointer?0