no Icons in startmenu of Windows 10?
(2016-03-23, 19:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 20:56)Klaus1189 Wrote: Can anybody help me?

Honestly you don't have a problem. Go into your program files folder and right click kodi.exe and create a shortcut. This entire thread is more absurd than asking for help with piracy streams.

I've done that already, but I want to know what is causing that strange issue. Maybe because I installed in a separate folder the latest nightly builds. I don't know.
(2016-03-22, 09:56)Klaus1189 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 00:16)J876 Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 15:40)Klaus1189 Wrote: Thank you, but I have counted with powershell that I have only 221.

So it not that bug then.

Have you looked in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Is there a subfolder for Kodi or a shortcut to the Kodi executable in that folder?

I searched in
Code:
but there isn't one Icon or anything related to Kodi.
But in
Code:
C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kodi
I have these three files, but only the link is visible in all apps:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4y5u0g...sp=sharing

Can you give this a try:

Note: You must have administrator rights to do this operation.

Navigate to:

create a new folder called Kodi in this location.

Windows will probably ask you for elevated/administrator privileges to do this. If it asks you click Yes or OK.

Copy the shortcuts from:

C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kodi

to the new folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kodi

Restart your computer and check your Start Menu programs list.

If the shortcuts are still not there try this:
  • Navigate to the Control Panel by pressing <[WinKey] + [X]> and clicking Control Panel.
  • Open Indexing Options
  • Click the Advanced Options
  • Click on the Rebuild button to Delete and Rebuild the Windows File Index.
  • A confirmation dialogue will come up asking you if you wish to proceed. Click the OK button.
  • Give it time to rebuild the Index
  • Close the Indexing Options dialogue box once finished
  • Restart your computer
  • Check your Start Menu again
I tried both, no luck
512 items they must have some poop installed.
Assuming everything is installed with default locations the shortcuts should be in your user folder, not the ProgramData one.

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kodi\

You can get there using the shortcut %APPDATA% as AppData is usually a hidden folder. So just type %APPDATA% in the search box and hit enter.

OR: look on your Dad's PC for that KODI folder and copy it to yours. This should give you the menu (Assuming you both use the defaults, the file locations are the same)

Your PC is clearly Weird though. There are other problems that need looking at.
Just a thought but are you running insider builds?

If so leave the insider program for 48 hours then re-join and it may and I repeat may fix your problem if your not on insider builds ignore me.

I know this sounds strange but this is actual advise from an insider expert I know.
Thank you for the information, Derek.
I was really out of luck with everything I tried. The windows installation was only about a week old, so I did it again and I don't install the nightly builds of Kodi in a separate folder again.

Till now (7 weeks ++) it is fine. It is running and I don't think of changing anything in the next weeks. I only install the RCs if they come out, but nothing more. The RCs seems to be working fine so far.

A lot of greeting to Scotland from Bavaria Smile
Hi there,

I know the above, leave the insider program for 48 hours seems strange but their system takes max 48 hours to update, if you do this then re-join it generally does an update and fixes silly problems. I was sceptical but I did it on a friends laptop and it worked hence why I pass the information to you.

Hope its helpful but if not its only 48 hours wasted and no harm done.

Hi from Scotland too! Hope you get your answer Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no Icons in startmenu of Windows 10?0