VU+ / Enigma 2 Client on Android
Hi!

I´m using the VU+ / Enigma 2 Client from my Android TV box and connect to my VU+ Solo 2. I have used it for several months and it's working perfect. Blush To get the HD channels to run smoothly i upgraded to a more powerful box, and even HD channels are running really good.

When i first setup this solution i tried several releases of XBMC and i realized that there are big differences between the releases regarding how well the PVR clint will run. I get different issues but the most common is sync problem between sound and video and stuttering/pausing video on HD channels. The best release of XBMC/KODI for VU+ / Enigma 2 Client PVR is XBMC 13.1. With this release i get everything to run just perfect.

I also setup the same solution on a brand new box, with the latest Amlogic S905 chipset, and again the only release that works is XBMC 13.1. I have tried at least 10 different release of XBMC and several KODI releases. On the latest KODI i get buffering problems and hence the video is pausing on HD channels!

I would very much like to upgrade my XBMC, but i can't, because my PVR client will not work correctly. Is the ADD-ON so old that it will not work on newer releases, or is this ADD-ON a non priority ADD-ON for KODI?
It is very interesting. I have the same problem. If I stream my Chanells list from my STB VU+ Duo 2 to my Android box KIII, I have big problem with shuttering/pausing of chanells. I thoght, that the problém is with the hardware of Android media box and I buy new one with 2GB Ram, Amlogic S905 and Gigabyt LAN, but still the same problem.
Do you thing, that I solve this problem if I instal older version of KODI 13.1? I will try....

Edit: You are right. XBMC 13.1 works fine. I hope that some new version of KODI will be in the future also fine.
(2016-03-23, 10:07)akbuk Wrote: It is very interesting. I have the same problem. If I stream my Chanells list from my STB VU+ Duo 2 to my Android box KIII, I have big problem with shuttering/pausing of chanells. I thoght, that the problém is with the hardware of Android media box and I buy new one with 2GB Ram, Amlogic S905 and Gigabyt LAN, but still the same problem.
Do you thing, that I solve this problem if I instal older version of KODI 13.1? I will try....

Edit: You are right. XBMC 13.1 works fine. I hope that some new version of KODI will be in the future also fine.

I'm glad to hear Big Grin I have one box with Amlogic S802 and one with S905, and both are working fine with 13.1. Even the less powerful S802!
(2016-03-21, 12:10)bnyberg Wrote: Hi!

I´m using the VU+ / Enigma 2 Client from my Android TV box and connect to my VU+ Solo 2. I have used it for several months and it's working perfect. Blush To get the HD channels to run smoothly i upgraded to a more powerful box, and even HD channels are running really good.

When i first setup this solution i tried several releases of XBMC and i realized that there are big differences between the releases regarding how well the PVR clint will run. I get different issues but the most common is sync problem between sound and video and stuttering/pausing video on HD channels. The best release of XBMC/KODI for VU+ / Enigma 2 Client PVR is XBMC 13.1. With this release i get everything to run just perfect.

I also setup the same solution on a brand new box, with the latest Amlogic S905 chipset, and again the only release that works is XBMC 13.1. I have tried at least 10 different release of XBMC and several KODI releases. On the latest KODI i get buffering problems and hence the video is pausing on HD channels!

I would very much like to upgrade my XBMC, but i can't, because my PVR client will not work correctly. Is the ADD-ON so old that it will not work on newer releases, or is this ADD-ON a non priority ADD-ON for KODI?

Hi bnyberg, what is your firmware on VU+ Solo 2? What version? I will try the setup tonight, as I have buffering 0% problem when trying to play a channel on newest Kodi (Isengard).
(2016-05-05, 12:12)Bugaboo Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 12:10)bnyberg Wrote: Hi!

Hi bnyberg, what is your firmware on VU+ Solo 2? What version? I will try the setup tonight, as I have buffering 0% problem when trying to play a channel on newest Kodi (Isengard).

Hi! I'm using
OpenPLi 4
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Enigma: 2014-12-29

Not the latest firmware, i know, but i haven't seen any reason to upgrade. Everything is working so good! Maybe except for the PVR.client for KODI :-)
Hi!

New information! I now use Kodi 16.1 with VU+ / Enigma 2 Client on Android, but not with my old box. I have tried a lot of boxes, all with Amlogic chip, 802, 805 and 905, and all of them works ONLY with XBMC 13.1 to run VU+ / Enigma 2 add-on.

But now i bought a Minix Z64 with Intel chip, but still with Android, not Windows, and now i can use the latest KODI without problem. It runs much better and faster then with XBMC 13.1 and Amlogic boxes. Channel shift, recordings, EPG, everything runs better and smoother. With the Amlogic boxes i couldn't use SVT1 HD, a Swedish HD-channel with high bitrate, but the Minix z64 does the job perfect.

If you want to use the VU+ / Enigma 2 Client add-on, on Android, buy a Minix Z64. It works perfect, and you can use what ever version of XBMC/KODI you want!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU+ / Enigma 2 Client on Android0