• 2(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-02-27, 19:20)afedchin Wrote: i5 has it's own gpu. but it requires a connected display to use hardware decoding.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get a new NUC to me.....
(2016-02-27, 19:20)afedchin Wrote: i5 has it's own gpu. but it requires a connected display to use hardware decoding.
yeah, it's supposed to have one ( http://ark.intel.com/products/49022/Inte...e-2_40-GHz ) but there is no sign of it in the device manager. I suppose HP disabled it or something. Doesn't make sense to have two GPUs (intel HD + Radeon HD) sucking power on a notebook
Forgive my lack of knowledge but is the intel msdk a platform agnostic tool? I.e will Linux (and therefore openelec) be able to make use of the same features either now or in the future?
(2016-02-27, 16:19)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 11:16)Nelbert Wrote: This will only ever be an intel solution, I assume? (Or will the software decoding work with an AMD CPU?)
Yes, AMD drivers doesn't support Intel MSDK, so on ADM GPU software decoding will work.

(2016-02-27, 11:43)Skank Wrote: I wonder that too, i have an amd A6, wonderif thats powerful enough
I didn't test, but I think Core-i3 or similar from AMD should be enough for softweare decoding MVC.

I can test this already?
Teheres alreadya built to has it? Or too early?
use the build linked earlier in this thread and give it a try. If you are not using an intel GPU, also download the dll afedchin linked earlier and copy it into Kodi's program root folder
(2016-02-27, 22:27)Nelbert Wrote: Forgive my lack of knowledge but is the intel msdk a platform agnostic tool? I.e will Linux (and therefore openelec) be able to make use of the same features either now or in the future?

I would like to know as well please.
It's possible to use Intel MSDK on Linux but in theory only. I cannot say more because Linux isn't my prefered system. @fritsch may say more I think
(2016-02-29, 13:39)afedchin Wrote: It's possible to use Intel MSDK on Linux but in theory only. I cannot say more because Linux isn't my prefered system. @fritsch may say more I think

Cheers!

Can we get fritsch in here by any chance? Smile
(2016-02-29, 13:41)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 13:39)afedchin Wrote: It's possible to use Intel MSDK on Linux but in theory only. I cannot say more because Linux isn't my prefered system. @fritsch may say more I think

Cheers!

I could not find any code running on linux, besides some very, very expensive server sdk (5000 dollars+).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-29, 13:52)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 13:41)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:

Cheers!

I could not find any code running on linux, besides some very, very expensive server sdk (5000 dollars+).

Thanks for clarifying.

I suppose it'll have to be a Raspberry Pie or Windows build after all. ffmpeg seemingly lost all interest in updating their code to be MVC-compatible so that's out the window too.
(2016-02-29, 13:56)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 13:52)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 13:41)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Cheers!

Thanks for clarifying.

I suppose it'll have to be a Raspberry Pie or Windows build after all. ffmpeg seemingly lost all interest in updating their code to be MVC-compatible so that's out the window too.

How do you know?
I second that question :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just my gut feeling.

A couple years ago they were apparently working on implementing MVC compatibility but there haven't been any updates since. There was a thread circulating around with some of their staff regularly updating the public on progress made. Not sure what happened to it.

I honestly don't think it would take them years to update their code if they really wanted to implement it.
I guess you're talking about libav?
https://blogs.gentoo.org/lu_zero/2014/04...ad-to-mvc/
(2016-03-01, 00:36)phate89 Wrote: I guess you're talking about libav?
https://blogs.gentoo.org/lu_zero/2014/04...ad-to-mvc/

That's the one!

It was published in April 14...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5