Beta - Spotify for Kodi

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
panor Offline
Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin working but currently with no luck.
Running Kodi 17 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Already tried to install through repository and directly, tried with versions 1.0.21, 25, 26 - on every of them is the same error.

19:37:20.148 T:2572237632 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (x86 System.Platform.Linux)
19:37:21.900 T:2572237632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name wsgiserver
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py", line 3, in <module>
import resources.playbackservice as service
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/playbackservice.py", line 15, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 15, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: cannot import name wsgiserver
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

I've seen this error mentioned in this thread, but it doesnt seem like bad installation. I've cleared all plugin data multiple times, reinstalled it from different sources and still no luck. Spotify token is downloaded correctly and it's stored in plugin folder.
I've installed cherrypy and wsgiserver from python package manager.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
panor
find quote
panor Offline
(2017-03-19 20:46)panor Wrote:  Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin working but currently with no luck.
Running Kodi 17 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Already tried to install through repository and directly, tried with versions 1.0.21, 25, 26 - on every of them is the same error.

19:37:20.148 T:2572237632 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (x86 System.Platform.Linux)
19:37:21.900 T:2572237632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name wsgiserver
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py", line 3, in <module>
import resources.playbackservice as service
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/playbackservice.py", line 15, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 15, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: cannot import name wsgiserver
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

I've seen this error mentioned in this thread, but it doesnt seem like bad installation. I've cleared all plugin data multiple times, reinstalled it from different sources and still no luck. Spotify token is downloaded correctly and it's stored in plugin folder.
I've installed cherrypy and wsgiserver from python package manager.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
panor

I've managed to run the plugin.
Maybe this will help someone.

First problem was with cherrypy version. I had cherrypy-10.2.1.
Forced older version: pip install cherrypy==6.1.1.
That solved the problem with cannot import name wsgiserver.

But then this happend:
if self.checkLoginDetails():
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1074, in checkLoginDetails
self.token = util.prompt_for_user_token(username)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/spotipy/util.py", line 47, in prompt_for_user_token
raise spotipy.SpotifyException(550, -1, 'no credentials set')
SpotifyException: http status: 550, code:-1 - no credentials set
22:12:43.079 T:2995251264 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
22:12:43.079 T:2995251264 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

That was strange, as I had browser installed in the system but it didn't want to start and download cache file.
To fix that I had to uninstall spotipy: pip uninstall spotipy

Now plugin works like a charm.
find quote
jurialmunkey Online
Skilled Skinner
@marcelveldt - I recently took the plunge and upgraded to premium, and I have to say this plugin is fantastic.

I'm looking at doing some skin integration and I'm wondering if any of the following is possible?

1. Passing a listitem label to the search function (want to add a button in DialogMusicInfo to search the Artist on spotify from kodi library and also to the music osd).

2. Call related artists / top tracks for artist / all albums for artist / follow artist from music osd. Ideally this would work both for Spotify and Kodi library, but would be extremely happy to just have it working for Spotify tracks only. When listening to playlists I often come across great artists I haven't heard before and it would be excellent if I could follow the artist etc. directly from osd rather than having to go into the playlist first. Also related artists would be really great to be able to do from kodi music library.

I understand if these are not currently possible. I'm not asking for any functionality to be added, just wanted to see if there was something I was missing as I couldn't figure out any way to achieve these myself.
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-23 16:18 by jurialmunkey.)
find quote
lokipoki81 Offline
(2017-03-10 09:09)Jönke Wrote:  1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser. (Reboot?) Try addon on PC!
3.install addon on Rpi
4. on PC filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi
5. (Reboot?) Try addon on rpi

Hey guys, i made these steps. On my local HTPC it runs but not completly in my Odroid C2 with Libreelec 8. After a short time starting spotify i got " Login Error: Platform not supported for playback, continuing without playback support"
All tracks only work 20 seconds. The Odroid is not for me, only for my dad and its his account. I dont need it on my HTPC.

Thx a lot for sollutions

Edit:

My HTPC based up on Ubuntu 14.04 - is this an Librelec Problem? Probaly i should install Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with kodi and test it now? Did someone tested it?
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-23 16:42 by lokipoki81.)
find quote
Jönke Offline
Posting Freak
You need a build with 32bit userspace , see Libreelec Amlogic forum
find quote
lokipoki81 Offline
Ah ok, i found on the Hardkernel Comunity a librelec Version with 32bit who runs on the Odroid - i will check it on the weekend out. Thx

Edit: Works thx allot
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-23 20:06 by lokipoki81.)
find quote
eddiewould Offline
(2017-02-10 18:21)thebearnecessit Wrote:  can this addon play spotify radio?

It seems to me that the

Code:
GET recommendations

operation (documentation) could be used to build "spotify radio" functionality. It allows seeding by track/artist/genre.

Note that the recommendations() operation isn't in the version of spotipy in the plugin.audio.spotify repository (2.0.1) however it is present in the latest version on github (https://github.com/plamere/spotipy/blob/.../client.py) - also 2.0.1 FWIW.
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-24 09:11 by eddiewould.)
find quote
saustark Offline
Maybe i am just a little stupid, but how can i get the addon to autoplay the next song? Relevant Kodi settings are enabled but i am only able to play a single song and have to select the next one manually... Many thanks in advance for your help

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk
find quote
lokipoki81 Offline
(2017-03-24 20:02)saustark Wrote:  Maybe i am just a little stupid, but how can i get the addon to autoplay the next song? Relevant Kodi settings are enabled but i am only able to play a single song and have to select the next one manually... Many thanks in advance for your help

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

I cant confirm it plays automatic the next track.
find quote