Post location regards video addon
Hi guys, im making my own video-addon that grabs the streams from youtube, im neally done but the stream just wont open. in my log it shows that its given the option of all the various quality streams but it just wont grab one and play. my youtube addon works fine standalone so its not that..

wheres gonna be the best place to post regarding this guys ??

thanks in advance..
The add-on development section.

I've moved the thread there.

Your log also currently contains banned add-ons (wiki), so if you want anyone to help you here they must be removed and a new clean log provided reproducing your own add-on issue.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-22, 22:12)DarrenHill Wrote: The add-on development section.

I've moved the thread there.

Your log also currently contains banned add-ons (wiki), so if you want anyone to help you here they must be removed and a new clean log provided reproducing your own add-on issue.

my apologies. ill remove the link and do a fresh log now mate. thank you..
new log is here - http://pastebin.com/EyT5DAvx

looking at lines near 20:46:48 the streams are offered by youtube but im stuck there..

Thanks in advance
Thanks. Fisherman's Cove being your new add-on I presume?

The first thing I would say is that your YouTube add-on is the one in the repo, which is currently orphaned and has some issues with it. There is some community work ongoing to support it (see the long thread here for details), but you can download the current version from Kolifanes Github repo here. Grab that zip (currently version 5.1.20.5) and use the install from zip option in the add-ons menu to install it.

See if that helps, if not then someone here who knows more than me (not difficult) can maybe assist more. Another option is to take an existing YouTube channel add-on (e.g. the KordKutters one by enen92) and fork that for your new channel. I've done that for my own use on a couple of channels (with new api keys too) and it works fine.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It is mate yes and thank you for taking the time to reply after my log error.. The youtube addon i had installed was a modded one i found online and was working fine on its own, ive done what you suggested though and iv tried the one from the repo above but i stil get the same error in a more detailed log.. banging my head against a wall now, it looks so easy when u read into it online, hope iv just made a schoolboy error tbh that someone will be able to spot.

dropbox link to my addon is here if it will help anyone or anyone can look over my code..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm8u4qc6wf5phm...e.zip?dl=0

Thanks again.
Ian
Please provide better DL link somewhere else not able to download file. If you can answer these few questions, I can probably help you with your issue.

1.) The addon you are creating, is it for a youtube channel or from a website with youtube links.
2.) When you installed the 5.1.20.5 update, did you go into userdata and remove the older youtube plugin?
3.) Did you also go into addon data and remove the older youtube addon before you installed the new one.
4.) Then you would have to reboot kodi or reset your device or pc and relaunch and then install the new addon.

If you did not, do it this way the youtube addon will not work. You can go to this forum and ask for misty or Zag if you are having further trouble.

254207 (thread)
(2016-03-24, 14:54)Don_black00 Wrote: Please provide better DL link somewhere else not able to download file. If you can answer these few questions, I can probably help you with your issue.

1.) The addon you are creating, is it for a youtube channel or from a website with youtube links.
2.) When you installed the 5.1.20.5 update, did you go into userdata and remove the older youtube plugin?
3.) Did you also go into addon data and remove the older youtube addon before you installed the new one.
4.) Then you would have to reboot kodi or reset your device or pc and relaunch and then install the new addon.

If you did not, do it this way the youtube addon will not work. You can go to this forum and ask for misty or Zag if you are having further trouble.

254207 (thread)

Cheers for taking the time out to reply.. ill look into the download link anyway but im gonna go through all your points and try in again. if not ill report back..

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post location regards video addon0