[split] TV Black Screen through HDMI
I am using Kodi from my windows 8 laptop and connecting to my TV using an HDMI cable. When streaming movies it runs for around 5 secs then goes to a black screen although the sound still plays. I need to move the mouse cursor every 5 secs to show the screen again. Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?
(2016-03-23, 15:50)keenand Wrote: I am using Kodi from my windows 8 laptop and connecting to my TV using an HDMI cable. When streaming movies it runs for around 5 secs then goes to a black screen although the sound still plays. I need to move the mouse cursor every 5 secs to show the screen again. Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?
Totally different question to the OP. So my guess is - what is your screen saver set to in your Win 8 OS? Sounds like something else is interfering and sending it to sleep.

Try hitting the \ key in KODI and push back to a full screen. That should then keep the Win 8 OS awake.
Thread split off, as it's a totally different issue
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] TV Black Screen through HDMI0