Music scan speed tests
@DaveTBlake: as requested, here are my speed tests using the latest Krypton nightly

Add source music - 16 minutes 03 seconds
Full music library update - 0 minutes 58 seconds

Test environment
Kodi Krypton v17.0 nightly
2,000 FLAC albums tagged with picard
Stored on SSD based NAS
Connected via 1gbit networking
Fetch additional information during updates: OFF

So I think that proves that the library update is working as it should.
Thanks for that Zag. So your memory of library update taking ~15 mins relates to scanning tags for files not yet in the library. Just checking if there are any new or changed ones using file hash is ~1 min.

Quote:So I think that proves that the library update is working as it should.

I think so to, but it is good to know.
This leads me to conclude that when it comes to scanning the initial music data from music files, not scraping additional album and artist info, there is no reason for having the option to exclude some music sources.

Scanning for tags can already be limited to a music source by initiating scanning from the list of music sources or when the source is added.

From a user view point it is much simpler to be able to add a single music source e.g. the NAS drive folder under which all their music is stored in whatever folder hierarchy, than it is to have multiple sources. In fact the only reason for separate music sources is if there is music in separate physical locations e.g. on a NAS and locally. File path can be used in smart playlists etc. to divide things beneath a single music source.
Add source music - 3hrs 56mins
Full Music library update - 58 seconds

Test environment
Kodi Krypton v17.0 nightly
Hardware as above
Fetch additional information during updates: ON
Default scraper settings
Add source music - 20mins 51 seconds
Full Music library update - 50 seconds

Artists Found: 546

Test environment
Kodi Jarvis v16.0 final
Hardware as above
Fetch additional information during updates: OFF
Thanks for the timings Zag, but a bit surprized/confused.

The times and fetch additional info setting make sense - longer time to do online scraping. But you say 546 artists found when fetch additional info is off, does this belong to the Krypton run?

Just for the hell of it the "query info for all artists" item has stopped working in my dev environment. A single artist will scrape, but not all of them. I guess I am going to have to do a clean install, although I would love to know what has stopped. A local compile of master calls CMusicInfoScanner::FetchArtistInfo but no scraping happens, there seems to be no job thread. Odd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scan speed tests0