Music scan query
Hi,

Just wondering if in Jarvis anything has changed with regards to music library update? Previously when new music is found the dialogprogress would change from 'Loading media information from files' to info about scraping Artist or Album and show additional info.

This is not happening anymore, it just stays diaplying 'loading media info....'.

Just wondering if anything has changed before I go checking with unviersal album / artist scraper which is what I use.

TIA,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I can't remember if this is a Jarvis change or not without digging, but scraping artist and album data only happens on library update when "Fetch additional information during updates" setting is enabled, and it only happens to song files that have changed or been added. Worth checking what the setting is as it currently defaults to disabled, giving the user a chance to check that all is well with the scanned library before letting the scraper loose. Scraping on top of a poorly tagged library can result in quite a mess. The long term goal is for scan and scrape to be automated by default, but as yet too many users get tagging related issues for this to be default.

Scraping can be initiated from the context menu of artists and albums "Query Info for all...". So if you are not seeing artist or album info, you can request it at a time right for you. This is also a more efficient approach, it only scrapes the listed artists skiping song artists if you have albumartistonly flag set.

At the moment scraping is very inefficient, Kodi requests artist data it doesn't need. We need to be less profligate with network traffic or the online metadata servers could easily be over whelmed (as has happened with video). It would be good if we encouraged users to transfer previously scraped info from older versions to new rather than rescraping. But all that is for future fixing.
Thanks Dave,

I'm one of the few that uses Kodi heavily for Music and have spent months / years etc. etc. tagging, correcting, building my library, I even created my own mp3tag export scripts to try and make nfo creation easy.

Seem it was down to that switch being off. I had to wipe my library as for some strange reasons the album '1000 forms of fear' by Sia was being scrapped against artist 'chillsongs', double checked the tags in MBP and mp3tag and nothing, deleted the folder and cleaned music library and then re-add the folder and scraped but still the same. It is ok now after deleting the db and doing a rebuild, which with additional info on took a very long time.

Dave, if you are working on the music side of Kodi now, then could you consider adding 'remove item from library' for album and artist if possible. It's not very easy to remove problem albums, artists from the library when trying to fix them and the music library clean option seems to take a long time and don't display progress either like video library clean?

Query info for all doesn't seem to do anything anymore? I used to get it to work by changing the information provider but even with that it just seems to start and stop immediately.

I've noticed you seem to be doing stuff for Music, hope it continues and look forward to seeing what improvements / enhancements / additions you do to Music in Kodi. Saw the classical one but don't have that much classical in my collection to utilize those improvements.
(2016-03-26, 18:07)Mike_Doc Wrote: Query info for all doesn't seem to do anything anymore? I used to get it to work by changing the information provider but even with that it just seems to start and stop immediately.

There is a bug (an unitialised flag) that means that "Query Info for all" does nothing but a clean-up unless a library update has been run since last power up. There doesn't need to be new/changed files, but library update checking of file hash has to have run.

Remove item facility has been asked for before, I'll add it to my long long list of music improvements (and the thread). Meantime as a work around if you move the music files you want to remove and then call update library it should remove the album from the library. Artists are trickier I know. I resort to SQL on the DB file with that kind of thing, but I realise that not everyone can do that.

Reloading the entire library with "Fetch additional" enabled is going to be slow, see my other thread discussing how we can improve that.

My roles work isn't just for classical music, it includes a lot more tag data. Although getting composers separated from orchestras etc. was my original motivation, the project grew and the music library in Krypton offers support TMCL/Performer tag so that it can select pianists, lyricists or mix engineers if your music is tagged for it.

But keep in touch, I would like to create a list of serious music users as a steering group come testing team.
Thanks Dave,

Happy to help where I can, just let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scan query0