KODI 16.1 for Jessie
I am using a Pi 2 B+ and one of the official 7" touch screens made for the Pi on a CarPC project. I tried using KODI 15.2 on Raspbian Jessie and the touchscreen operation is just not right and I am having many issues trying to get it to work. I tried a version of OpenElec that was running KODI 16.1 and the touchscreen worked flawlessly. My big problem with OpenElec is that I cannot use many of the background programs that I want to use in the CarPC project. Is there a place where I can download the source files for KODI 16.1 that I can compile and use for Raspbian Jessie. Either that or does someone have a version already compiled for the Pi that will run under Jessie?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I have the same problem. Raspbian is lagging behind with offering only version 15.2

You can help by upvoting https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1571196 Log in to Launchpad and choose "Yes, it affects me"
You have Kodi 16.1 for Raspbian Jessie here Wink
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...25#p961205
Or compile it on your own. Read this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267367
On page 4 greenbag wrote a good summary... Beware: Although the title says something about cross compiling, in the end it is compiling on the raspberry itself as neither greenbag nor me managed to cross compile ...
Yes you can always compile it yourself, you should find instructions in this forum and all around the net, and people here will always help if you have problems with it.

Although it is much easier to follow the instructions in my previous post. It has pretty much all the features and optimizations found in Open/LibreELEC Kodi's. It is part of PiPplware's linux distribution for the RPi and is now also included for installation in RetroPie, so it is pretty much well tested. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask.
(2016-04-26, 17:42)rucksman Wrote: Or compile it on your own. Read this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267367
On page 4 greenbag wrote a good summary... Beware: Although the title says something about cross compiling, in the end it is compiling on the raspberry itself as neither greenbag nor me managed to cross compile ...

Sorry if it got a little messy.. lol. I can be very disorganised at times. Tongue
(2016-04-26, 18:09)rascas Wrote: Yes you can always compile it yourself, you should find instructions in this forum and all around the net, and people here will always help if you have problems with it.

Although it is much easier to follow the instructions in my previous post. It has pretty much all the features and optimizations found in Open/LibreELEC Kodi's. It is part of PiPplware's linux distribution for the RPi and is now also included for installation in RetroPie, so it is pretty much well tested. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask.

What happens if you up and die on us? Who would build kodi for us?? Tongue

Seriously though.. I come from a community where the motto was "don't feed the free tv'ers". If you wanted tv.. you needed to compile it yourself. That's how I learned... more than a decade ago. My motto, is teach and share. Spread the knowledge. I used to mod the community I talk about.. with some pretty talented coders. They were more than happy to share and teach. It's not about self promotion.
(2016-04-26, 23:31)greenbag Wrote: What happens if you up and die on us? Who would build kodi for us?? Tongue

Seriously though.. I come from a community where the motto was "don't feed the free tv'ers". If you wanted tv.. you needed to compile it yourself. That's how I learned... more than a decade ago. My motto, is teach and share. Spread the knowledge. I used to mod the community I talk about.. with some pretty talented coders. They were more than happy to share and teach. It's not about self promotion.

If everybody thought like that, there wouldn't be any kind of pre-compiled software for Linux, because everybody would just compile what they use. And of course, Linux would be only for the experts, programmers and the ones who are willing to take the time to learn. And I am talking about Linux in every platform, including "normal" PCs. Systems like Open/LibreELEC would make no sense either...

Talking only about Kodi, if nobody does/distributes pré-compiled binaries, nobody would use it, it would be something completely different.

Getting real, I always spread my knowledge, help and support others, more than I should, really. I pass alot of time in forums, not only this one, I am also one forum mod, helping people. I already teached you one thing or two Wink
I would tell you what I do for a living, but that doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with Kodi.

I think nobody does this for promotion, at least me, I don't earn anything with this or I want to.
(2016-04-27, 00:01)rascas Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 23:31)greenbag Wrote: What happens if you up and die on us? Who would build kodi for us?? Tongue

If everybody thought like that, there wouldn't be any kind of pre-compiled software for Linux, because everybody would just compile what they use. And of course, Linux would be only for the experts, programmers and the ones who are willing to take the time to learn. And I am talking about Linux in every platform, including "normal" PCs. Systems like Open/LibreELEC would make no sense either...

Talking only about Kodi, if nobody does/distributes pré-compiled binaries, nobody would use it, it would be something completely different.

Getting real, I always spread my knowledge, help and support others, more than I should, really. I pass alot of time in forums, not only this one, I am also one forum mod, helping people. I already teached you one thing or two Wink
I would tell you what I do for a living, but that doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with Kodi.

I think nobody does this for promotion, at least me, I don't earn anything with this or I want to.

lol... if you use linux, you're already compiling stuff into your system.

As for sharing your knowledge... telling someone to search the forums for a readme, or just use your builds instead isn't actually sharing. Tongue

Yes.. you shared something with me.. but it wasn't easy getting it out of you. It was like it was some state secret or something. Tongue A guy like popcornmix is far more likely to help.. and he's one of the guys who actually writes the code. Not just someone who compiles his code.

And when you come into threads about compiling kodi, and your first response is "why bother, just use mine instead"... that's self promotion... not sharing knowledge. Pretty much every thread I've come across about compiling.. there you are... "just use mine".
Me and other developers are not obliged to explain everything to the users.
Sometimes I just don't have patience for guys like you, who are to lazy to do a simple search before asking something.

This thread is not about compiling Kodi.

And you don't know me, so just please stop giving your opinion about me, nobody cares.

Let's just keep this on topic.
(2016-04-27, 01:05)rascas Wrote: Me and other developers are not obliged to explain everything to the users.
Sometimes I just don't have patience for guys like you, who are to lazy to do a simple search before asking something.

This thread is not about compiling Kodi.

And you don't know me, so just please stop giving your opinion about me, nobody cares.

Let's just keep this on topic.

I never said this thread was about compiling. I was talking about how you "helped" me in my thread. And if you remember, the info you gave me was wrong. Developer? Lol. You give yourself too much credit.

edit: this is an open source community, and you're compiling someone else's source. It's common courtesy in this type of community to share. You can build and release all you want.. but it doesn't hurt to share the knowledge. In fact.. it actually boosts your hero status. Wink

I've said my piece.
Are you kidding me ? What wrong info did I gave to you ? On the other hand I could post 2 or 3 quotes from you that are completely wrong, and that's without digging much. But I just don't care...

Like I said, you don't know me or what I do, although I already said to you one thing that I develop and its not compilling Kodi Wink

And again, keep it on topic.
(2016-04-27, 01:25)rascas Wrote: Are you kidding me ? What wrong info did I gave to you ? On the other hand I could post 2 or 3 quotes from you that are completely wrong, and that's without digging much. But I just don't care...

Like I said, you don't know me or what I do, although I already said to you one thing that I develop and its not compilling Kodi Wink

And again, keep it on topic.

It was about my soundcard.. you said I needed a patch for my dac, but that patch was for the digi. And like I said.. it was like pulling teeth to get it out of you. Your initial respinse was why bother going through the hassle of compiling.. when you already did it for me. My hero.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 16.1 for Jessie0