[Krypton] pvrmanager.enabled substitution
As of latest nightly, the system bool and function pvrmanager.enabled is nuked. Now the pvr manager is enabled if any pvr add-ons are enabled.

Any idea what to use instead?

I'm looking for a bool that instantly tells if pvr is enabled or not.

Pvr.HasTVChannels or !IsEmpty(Pvr.BackendName) doesn't returns true until the add-on or channels are loaded.

EDIT: A bool like PvrManager.IsEnabled would be extremely appreciated as I see many skins using System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled) Wink
this is what confluence uses:
- PVR.HasTVChannels
- PVR.HasRadioChannels
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The problem is that those bools first turn true once the channels are loadet. As I see it, PVR Manager is started way sooner than this, but only if a PVR add-on is enabled.
+1

Did you find a solution?

The removal of "System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled)" really is bad for Skinning.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
I agree from a skinning perspective that it changes some things. A new bool like PvrManager.IsEnabled really would make things easier.

I use Pvr.HasTVChannels and Pvr.HasRadioChannels instead.
Hey! Since i don't like additional main menu items "popping up" some time after boot i rely on a manual configuration to enable/disable the main menu items for PVR-TV and PVR-Radio for now in Krypton. Not the best solution, but well. What else can we do for now? Nothing, as far as i can see.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
If anyone is interested - there now seems to be a replacement for KODI 17: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2418774
(Haven't tested myself)
Yup, tested and works like a charm Smile

I'm already using that several places, especially for the home screen category items.

Thanks for the reminder!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Krypton] pvrmanager.enabled substitution1