Some folders seem to be stuck in the database.
All the threads I've read trying to figure out a solution have been about network (SMB or SFTP) shares. Mine are all local folders. These are all unique directories which I've XX'd out.

Code:
14:14:45 508635.062500 T:1183839216 WARNING: Process directory '/mnt/Main/New_TV/XXXXXXXX/' does not exist - skipping scan.
14:14:45 508635.062500 T:1183839216 WARNING: Process directory '/mnt/Main/New_TV/XXXXXXXX/' does not exist - skipping scan.

Usually when I delete a folder off my local drive it will be cleaned from the library/database. These don't seem to be going anywhere. The error messages go away if I create empty directories.

Any ideas?
/ OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3 / Kodi 17 RC / FireTV Stick /
I've been having this same issue. I deleted a show from one of my local drives and cleaned the library but I still get an error message telling me that it is missing.
Same here, but on Windows.

No luck in getting rid of these...
Might be worth reading this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112
(2016-05-25, 13:28)popcornmix Wrote: Might be worth reading this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

I haven't tried the addon, but it seems to be tackling a different issue...
The problem is that the "Clean Library" doesn't remove those paths on my Jarvis instance on Win 10.
(2016-05-25, 13:28)popcornmix Wrote: Might be worth reading this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

Tested just now, doesn't seem to resolve the issue. pastie
Similar problem with network folders. clean library does not get rid of deleted folders

08:00:57 214729.718750 T:1349514144 WARNING: Process directory 'nfs://192.168.1.22/volume1/Series/XXXX1/' does not exist - skipping scan and clean.
08:00:57 214729.718750 T:1349514144 WARNING: Process directory 'nfs://192.168.1.22/volume1/Series/XXXX2/' does not exist - skipping scan and clean.
08:00:57 214729.718750 T:1349514144 WARNING: Process directory 'nfs://192.168.1.22/volume1/Series/XXXX3/' does not exist - skipping scan and clean.
08:00:57 214729.718750 T:1349514144 WARNING: Process directory 'nfs://192.168.1.22/volume1/Series/XXXX4/' does not exist - skipping scan and clean.
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
(2016-05-25, 17:44)leetwanker Wrote:

Tested just now, doesn't seem to resolve the issue. pastie

Not surprising really. The add-on is designed to remove anything not defined in your sources.xml and as you'll most likely have a path 'mnt/Main/' at minimum, then it wouldn't remove anything in that path.

However, this has given me an idea. I should be able to add an option in the settings to remove a specific path from the db. Most likely you'll have to type in this path in the settings area. I think if I implement this that if deleting a specific path, the add-on will just do that one thing and not do the rest of the deletion it normally does.

I'll try and get to this later today, although obviously it would be far better if this were fixed in core.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-05-26, 09:52)black_eagle Wrote: I'll try and get to this later today, although obviously it would be far better if this were fixed in core.

Agreed. As far as I know it doesn't cause any real problems, but when you get up into the dozens and dozens of non-existent folders, it sure does clutter things up a lot in the logs.

Has this been reported as a bug for them to look into yet?
(2016-05-26, 19:17)leetwanker Wrote: Agreed. As far as I know it doesn't cause any real problems, but when you get up into the dozens and dozens of non-existent folders, it sure does clutter things up a lot in the logs.

Not officially as far as I know.

Two devs (that I know of) are aware of some cleaning issues with the video db but whether or not it's being looked at 'officially', I couldn't say. I'd give it a go at fixing it myself if my c++ skills were better, but I'm not currently up to that hence an add-on.

I have a version of it now that can clean a specific path from the db (specifically, it removes it from the 'path' table in the db). At this stage, it isn't anything that I would want to push to the repo as an update as I have been unable to reproduce the issues reported in this thread and therefore testing has been slightly limited. The path(s) is quite definitely removed from the db and the following Kodi clean should tidy the other tables up but I'm unable to confirm this 100% at this time.

All that said, I will PM you a link where you can get this version (if you wish to of course) and you can try it to see if it helps. Usual caveats apply, back-up your db, don't blame me, etc etc.

Hopefully it will resolve things and if so then I'll look to getting it into our repo. Either way, feedback is much appreciated even if it's negative as it all helps move us forward.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Will let you know how it goes.
(2016-05-26, 19:17)leetwanker Wrote:
(2016-05-26, 09:52)black_eagle Wrote: I'll try and get to this later today, although obviously it would be far better if this were fixed in core.
Agreed. As far as I know it doesn't cause any real problems, but when you get up into the dozens and dozens of non-existent folders, it sure does clutter things up a lot in the logs.

As i understand it, running "Clean Library" should determine if a video is available/accessable and if not remove related entries from the database.
Isn't this how it has always worked (and why your sources must always be accessible before you perform a Clean Library otherwise you toast your database)?

So, if non exsistand paths remain in your database, something isn't working as it should and such must be considered a fault.
As such it should be reported and tracked, otherwise the fault could fade into oblivion.

But what version of Kodi are we talking about since no such information has been mentioned within this thread?
And does this fault exist with earlier or later versions of XBMC/Kodi?
Who will actually report this fault?

As for fixing Kodi issues via add-ons, IMHO this is really the wrong way to go (and seems to be acknowledged as such in this and other threads).
But core problems seem to gets burried while add-ons are produced as workarounds (and the code base remains faulty and presumably harder to maintain).

Add-ons should never be considered a fix for core functions yet we have a number of them and such add-ons seem to be growing.
It may be that such workarounds take the focus away from fixing the root cause of such problems, i don't know.

So far i've seen laungage preferance manager resolve what should be some settings within <system> <settings> <player> <videos> or <laungage>.
Yes, this add-on fixes a problem but it's not intuative tohave to install the add-on and then go to <Programs> and right click LPM selecting <Settings> (to set the default DVD or BD playback language to english).

We also have "Video database cleaner" and "texturecachemainatence" (not an add-on but a script).
Both are used to clean up various issues related to the database and/or thumb nail cache issues, etc.
It's something that Clean Library (and/or maybe a new class of 'Clean System' for OS related cache stuff, etc) should do (and not an add-on).

Now don't get me wrong, i am very greatful for the work done by the authors of Kodi and these add-ons.
But unless Team Kodi fix core issues within the core itself, the user interface experiance will get more muddled.
Maybe part of this fix is the refactoring(?) that is going on at the moment, i don't know.
Altrnatively another track could be to allow add-ons greater integration into the system settings menus so that users see an integrated approach (and finally Openelec settings could be better integrated into Kodi).
However such an approach could accelerate an unmaintainable mess of code, i dont know.
But a solution is needed as core Kodi faults should not be fixed by workarounds.

Yes, i'm having a bit of a rant but unless focus is placed on fixing core features, Kodi may dies by 1000 cuts and i'd hate to see such happen.
And again, I'm greatful to Kodi and add-on authors for producing such an extendabe kit, but as said, i'd hate to see it die 1000 cuts.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
@skylarking: I don't think you realise quite how small the Kore KODI team is. Yes, totally these kinds of things should be in the Kore KODI, but the devs are busy on getting the main product up to date for the next Krypton release.

You will see that we are causing interest. And potentially bug fixes are now going in to KODI to cover some of the items we are finding (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2349575). By creating an add-on we can refine what the issues actually *are*. It gets the leg work done on tracking the problems. Then when the devs get out of the pub they can then see what we have done and apply it to the Kore Kode.

We only started on this a month ago, and have had some really good success. We have had the time to study the database independently. We've been able to see and find ways of fixing the issues. And we have more to come.

Look at us as an independent research team. Chasing and defining an issue.

What we have not had time to do in the last few months is learn how the whole KODI project works in C++, the forking checkout systems with github, the way work is booked in, and generally the whole complexities of being full members of the KODI Kore Project. at the same time the KODI guys don't want us turning up with a few half-arsed thoughts. So we build the add-on, expand its abilities, solve our bugs. And as our theories get made more solid it becomes much easier to add into KODI. Give us a few more months and we will have such a well defined issue that it will then be trivial to add back in to KODI. (And I can see that they have already spotted one Library Clean Up bug thanks to us waving a light in that direction)

Also our add-on works on OLD versions of KODI. Add-ons can be made backward compatible. Whereas new code added to KODI will only go into the Krypton release. We have people running this on old Gotham installs. I think someone also ran it on Frodo. Only an add-on can reach backwards in time like that.

I understand your rant, but maybe post something in the Discussion forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6 Get some interest in maintenance as well as features.
What, you mean there isn't 1000 people working on Kodi Rofl

Seriously, I do appreciate the work both black_eagle and yourself have done with your database cleanup add-on (and the work of the Kodi team on Kodi itself).
You've both come a long way in such a short time with this add-on (and Kodi is such a fantastic and flexible bit of kit).

From what i've read, your add-on users have seen massive improvements in scan times after the cleanup.
As such, this has highlighted some database issues and has gotten some notice from the small Kodi team (from what i have read between the lines earlier and you've restated here).
So, i do feel that things are looking up.

I hope you don't confuse my rant as been critical of your add-on as such, or of the Kodi team in general.
You are all voluntees doing great work with gained knowledge and pride in what you've achieved being your main reward.
And for what you are all doing i thanks go out to all.

But yes, i sometimes rant about UI issues, a perception of feature focus rather than bug fix focus and other things.
So i'll direct such rants to a more appropriate forum and not pollute your add-on thread with such Smile
I'm a XBMC novice :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some folders seem to be stuck in the database.0