So are List type Views gone for good?
(2016-04-06, 02:20)rodalpho Wrote: Sadly, yes. The skin does have a list view, but the author doesn't believe it should be available in library views. He did discuss this in one of the early threads.

Basically, the answer is "this skin isn't for everybody, if you don't like it use a different skin".

You obviously have a hard time to read what I write. I already said several times that those things are in consideration.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
As I recall, you told the requester to use a file category rather than a library one to get the list view. But obviously I read it wrong-- very happy to hear you're considering these features!
Ok at least for my request personally, let me clarify. The only reason I request list type view is navigation with speech you know up/down. Be it media list view or list view, it works for me, Although. Yes in many places I see list , however in many places all I see an option "Icon Wall", and nothing else. Again, the developers are doing an AMAZING job and unfortunately many times you don't get the appreciation you deserve. For what it is worth we really do appreciate you.

First image: that might become configurable
2nd image: that will stay a grid probably.
Last image... what type of content is that? If it is from an add-on then the add-on doesnt set the content type properly.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
2nd image being settings, that's cool.
Last Image is from the Apple Itunes Podcast addon on the Kodi repo. Actually its kinda confusing because some addons do show up as "Wide List", While others stick to "Icon wall", then some will jump between the two depending on where you are in the addon. "CBS News" addon for example. Then another example is the Fox news addon, I can only get "Icon wall". Another example in the skin itself, When I hit return on addons from the home screen, All the addons for the various selection are Icon wall, However, Then when I go on to hit enter on for example "Video Addons" It then goes to list type view of video addons.

With the icon walls, One thing that might help with navigation is if I could just Right arrow or left arrow and have the selection automatically jump to next row. For example in settings, When I hit right arrow and get to Music it would jump to pictures, When I hit system it would then goto tv. I don't know if that is an option or would just confuse things. Icon walls aren't bad with speech when you only have a page or two, Its when you start getting pages and pages of content they become a headache. Also when you are jumping from one view to another, For example I go from a list to wall.
1. Media sources = list view

2. Video addons = list view (with small icons)

3. Settings = list view (with small icons). Grid view is very confusing for me =\

Shomei, your post is confusing me. All the images you post are of "Icon Wall" / grid type view not "list view". Are you requesting they be list view? Also Phil65 posted a couple post back that settings probably wasn't going to change.
(2016-04-06, 10:31)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Guilouz, quick question regarding that pic above you have posted, the icons below the poster and fanart pictures. White out in the pic, can these be changed to colour in the skin?

Yes it's possible.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-04-06, 22:18)Traker1001 Wrote: Shomei, your post is confusing me. All the images you post are of "Icon Wall" / grid type view not "list view". Are you requesting they be list view?

Sure my request is that Media sources, Video addons, Settings have list view option.

(2016-04-06, 22:18)Traker1001 Wrote: Also Phil65 posted a couple post back that settings probably wasn't going to change.

I read Phil65 post but I still hope...
IMO, grid views not working for users with disabilities should be considered a pretty strong argument. Certainly much stronger than my personal preference.
+1 for visually impaired support .. a lot of users never build the confidence to switch skins and typically the support on default is better / easier / less necessary

My personal interest, is there a way to get a list view in favourites ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So are List type Views gone for good?1