board advice
Hi i am all new to kodi.

My plan is to make a kodi box with a odroid board with libreelec. (cf. recommendations)

I already have a receiver with a dac. So perhaps i can use that one.
Wich Odroid board could i use best ? I don't now wich would be a better choice the Odroid N2 or Odroid N2+ wich i believe has
a dac onboard already.

Thanks for your help.
okay, i believe a connecton is possible from the odroid n2 (+) board to a hifi receiver (stereo) with coaxial or optical ports  through a 40 pin gpio on the board.

my stereo doesn t have an usb port.

Is this easy to achieve or is it complicated .....perhaps someone could explain , anyone tried this ?

Or is there an affordable better choice in case of connecting a dac via optical or coaxial connection with the board ?

(The odroid doesn t have bluetooth and wifi either)

Hope to hear from you guys.
Odroid N2+ pairs best with Coreelec.  The Coreelec website has images and installation instructions

It's also possible to use Android as the OS and load Kodi on top of that.  If your primary use is Kodi, Coreelec is better because it's more appliance-like.

Your best interface to a receiver would be HDMI.  That allows passthrough of most digital formats (e.g. Dolby, including HD and Atmos, DTS, DTX-X, etc.). 

The best place (if you're in the US) to buy Odroids is
@williambarty Your suggestion might be on-track, but  'the best place to buy' is crossing the line into spam and URL references are a bit tright, they require mods to check out the links for violations of forum conduct.  Have a peek at Official:Forum rules (wiki).
(2023-08-30, 21:15)PatK Wrote: @williambarty Your suggestion might be on-track, but  'the best place to buy' is crossing the line into spam and URL references are a bit tright, they require mods to check out the links for violations of forum conduct.  Have a peek at Official:Forum rules (wiki).
Sorry - definitely no intention to spam.  It's just where I bought mine with a good experience.
(2023-08-28, 13:57)brownyboy Wrote: okay, i believe a connecton is possible from the odroid n2 (+) board to a hifi receiver (stereo) with coaxial or optical ports  through a 40 pin gpio on the board.

my stereo doesn t have an usb port.

Is this easy to achieve or is it complicated .....perhaps someone could explain , anyone tried this ?

Or is there an affordable better choice in case of connecting a dac via optical or coaxial connection with the board ?

(The odroid doesn t have bluetooth and wifi either)

Hope to hear from you guys.

Connecting an Odroid N2-plus board to a stereo receiver via GPIO for coaxial or optical audio can be complex. It involves both hardware configuration and potential software setup. Consider using those that are more common and user-friendly, like USB or I2S DACS, when possible for easier and better audio quality options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
board advice0