v16 Getting videos stutter since Jarvis
Yo,

Since I've switched to Jarvis I'm getting slight video stutter (not sound) when playing BD movie only rips. Video isn't fluent anymore.
Using Intel HD4000 graphics with latest drivers, refresh rate set to 60hz, Win7U.
When I press O dvxa is enabled and cpu usage is low.
Didn't have that with Kodi 15.2. Tried going through threads but can't find an answer!
Thanks for the help.
Having the same issue. Tried both 16.0 and 16.1 RC1 with the same result. Some dropped frames are reported. Same settings i.e True Full Frame On (ie. full framed window OFF), Sync Display On, Sync to video OFF, Auto detect render (DXVA-HD not an option in 16/16.1). Same sound output options as well.
Running win10 on Asrock 330 ION.

CPU load seem to be a bit higher on 16 and 16.1 versus 15.2.

When running 15.2 everything is smooth as silk, no dropped frames.
I have the same problem with iptv simple client, in 15.2 all is smooth while on 16 and 16.1 video isn't fluid
GPU Intel by any chance?
I get the same on my fire tv and my sony android tv
Of course tried the usual tricks (acceleration and refresh rate on auto)
Also tried kodi 17, same issue, went back on 15.2
(2016-03-26, 22:10)Derek Wrote: GPU Intel by any chance?

yep integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics in an E3 processor.
Never had issues playing at 60hz before!
Since Jarvis I do with certain movies.
thats because it uses DX11
(2016-03-26, 23:52)Derek Wrote: thats because it uses DX11

So solve how? Or reverte back to 15.2?
15.2 im afraid unless someone has a fix.
(2016-03-25, 23:54)siamsquare Wrote: Yo,

Since I've switched to Jarvis I'm getting slight video stutter (not sound) when playing BD movie only rips. Video isn't fluent anymore.
Using Intel HD4000 graphics with latest drivers, refresh rate set to 60hz, Win7U.
When I press O dvxa is enabled and cpu usage is low.
Didn't have that with Kodi 15.2. Tried going through threads but can't find an answer!
Thanks for the help.
Platform Update for Win7 installed? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

You need that so Win7 support the D3D11.1 framework, which Jarvis requires.
Installed the WIn7 update but was already installed!
So still searching!
Someone has to confirm this so, I am able to use Jarvis on windows 10 without a GFX card with DX11 support so my previous posts saying its required could be incorrect, if a dev could explain what is required would help but I can run Jarvis on an old laptop (Not ancient) without issue but on windows 10.

Duno if that helps atall but if you have windows 7 windows 10 is a free upgrade and if you use insider builds and run 14342 its mega stable.

I take no responsibility for any late nights trying to fix this if it fails but there is a fallback to windows 7 option after upgrade.
Siamsquare: I'm not promising this will work but I spent 3 1/2 hours testing this for you Smile

And its still running, i'll try a 265 source and see what happens after Pats post as his system you would think would play no problem.
On this subject 'video shudder' or what ever you call it.

As if the display jumps or misses frames more noticeable with h265 or 1080p files. It's seems something is not well and I've tried numerous things to pin it down, and so far the issues is unclear. I noticed it a while back, and attributed it to bad encodes and largely ignored it until the other night I decided to watch an anime with subs and the shuddering was impossible to ignore and knowing how many people were leaving messages, I decided to look into it deeply and more or less came up stumped.

My system is kinda old, the cpu is an older i7 and the graphics AMD Radeon 5770 HD pushing to a PC monitor or flipping the display over to a LG flat panel through a Onkyo 5.1 AVR. I noticed that in Jarvis...my hardware acceleration not longer worked. The gfx software as follows

Code:
Driver Packaging Version    15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187669C
Catalyst Version    15.7.1
Provider    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version    8.01.01.1500
2D Driver File Path    /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet002/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version    9.14.10.01128
OpenGL Version    6.14.10.13399
Mantle Driver Version    9.1.10.0077
Mantle API Version    Not Available
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version    2015.0804.21.41908
Just recently updated this week in the hopes of a cure. The O/S is windows 7sp1/64 bit, and a fairly healthy amount of memory in both the graphic card and system.

Now for the unusual particulars, spent a bit of time changing this & that, elimination or the advanced settings, then back in, changing the defaults, playing with the audio, checking play back with various players (VLC, Windows Media Player, MPC-HD as well as Kodi). Thought I might be just at the cusp of the limits of the graphics on this machine. Every once is a while I'd check the various jitter videos.... and every once it a while it would be 'smooth' as silk, and I'd proclaim... I found the bugger! and attribute it to whatever I tried or toggled.

At first I thought it might be related to the audio... at one point I had a smooth playing video on the PC monitor and then flip it over to the TV and see the jitter. Ah I'd say.. got you. Nope flipping back to the PC re-starting and still got the jitter. Sometimes it launched with jitter and sometimes smooth as silk, even book marked a passage that made smooth vs jitter obvious and would use that as I made changes in this that and everything.

I've got a collection of 1080p H265, where the jitter makes it impossible to enjoy the video.. I overclocked the gfx card, turns up butter smooth... but sometimes not (with the same settings!) so I'm a bit perplexed. The debug log is not giving up a clue, the only advanced sign is the entire interface, mouse included doesn't seem snappy, maybe lagging one might say.

To make matters worse, the Independent stand alone players are fine, and the old XBMC 13.2 build I have works fine but doesn't have h265 capabilities. I'm biding my time, looking to Krypton for the solve at this point, for people that don't want to wait, look back at Isengard 15.2
(2016-05-26, 18:07)PatK Wrote: On this subject 'video shudder' or what ever you call it.

I experienced similar random and intermittent issues with Kodi 16 Jarvis. Its not 100% gone, but I minimised the occurrence by…

1) All Nvidia driver defaults, except Vertical Sync = ON and Triple Buffering = ON.

2) Adjusting kodi settings (I created a default guisettings.xml). I did not want to use 'Sync playback to display' = ON, but I experienced sound sync issues without it. Also 'Use full screen window' = ON caused periodic high GPU load only while Kodi was in foreground.

Code:
<settings>
    <videoplayer>
        <adjustrefreshrate>2</adjustrefreshrate> <!-- 2=start/stop -->
        <hqscalers>10</hqscalers> <!-- use hqscalers to resize over '10'% -->
        <rendermethod>5</rendermethod> <!-- 0=auto, 4=pixelshader, 5=dxva -->
        <usedisplayasclock>true</usedisplayasclock>    <!-- true = sync playback to display ON -->
<!--        <usedxva2>false</usedxva2> -->
    </videoplayer>
    <videoscreen>
        <fakefullscreen>false</fakefullscreen> <!-- false = use full screen window OFF -->
<!--        <limitedrange>true</limitedrange> <!-- true=16-235 -->
    </videoscreen>
    <defaultvideosettings>
        <deinterlacemode>1</deinterlacemode> <!-- 0=off, 1=auto -->
        <interlacemethod>7</interlacemethod> <!--(with dxva2 off) 7=full, 16=half, 31=auto-grey, -->
        <scalingmethod>12</scalingmethod> <!-- 1=auto, 2=bicubic, 12=DXVA -->
    </defaultvideosettings>
</settings>

3) Tweak the network buffer, cache level and refresh rate in advancedsettings.xml.
My ageing Toshiba TV should support 24hz video, but, "1080p/24 capability = Accepts 24p but applies 2:3 Pull-down (Telecine Judder)... Lack of true 24p support" Review

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<!-- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml -->

<network>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- default 0=internet only, 1=internet+local, 2=streams only, 3=none -->
        <cachemembuffersize>62914560</cachemembuffersize> <!-- default 20971520 bytes (20MB) -->
        <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- default=1(jarvis) 4(Krypton), multiplier of media bitrate -->
                <!-- 20GB .mkv = 17Mbps = 2 megabytes / sec -->
                <!-- HDTV .ts = 7Mbps = 0.8 megabytes / sec -->
                <!-- 4.5Gb .mkv = 5Mbps = 0.6 megabytes / sec -->
                <!-- iplayer = 3.2Mbps = 0.4 megabytes / sec -->
    </network>
    <pvr>
        <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel> <!-- default=5 -->
        <minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel> <!-- default=10 -->
    </pvr>
    <video>
    <adjustrefreshrate>
        <override> <!-- Toshiba TV does not like 23.976hz / 24hz video -->
            <fpsmin>23.5</fpsmin>
            <fpsmax>24.5</fpsmax>
            <refreshmin>49.99</refreshmin>
            <refreshmax>50.01</refreshmax>
        </override>
    </adjustrefreshrate>
</advancedsettings>

Unfortunately, none of the above has solved the stutter/shudder/judder I am experiencing with Kodi 17 Krypton, posted here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting videos stutter since Jarvis1