Python to list folders on a SMB share
Hello,

I am building a script to parse a few SMB paths that it gets from a webserver. The script gets a list including passwords before the path and servername. Some Servers are shared to everyone and anonymous logon. The list from the webserver goes through ok, but when I try to enter one of the paths I get this error....

20:49:44 4107.773926 T:140091889706752 DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://ad.example.com/somepath/docs]

As soon as I add "smb://ad.example.com" to sources.xml it works. But do I really need to do that? Is there any other way? Can it be done via python?
The path is fully open no auth at allo. Its just that kodi seems to need it in sources.xml
If you're using xmbcvfs, then the SMB path has to be in the sources.xml file. If you want to do something else I think you're going to have to figure out how to use one of the various SMB libraries instead.
Thanks. Did use a network server with debian to reshare some drives from other servers like dfs does but not revealing the behind smb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python to list folders on a SMB share0