PVR UI EPG
I'm trying to transition from WMC to kodi for my living room htpc. It's primary purpose is PVR for a twin tuner satellite feed so ~150 channels. I currently have DVB-link working and talking to kodi no problems.
I, and more importantly my other half cannot get used to the interface for watching live tv. It seems as though kodi is setup for watching local content quite well but no so much for channel hopping.
Is there a skin or UI option that changes the behavior to be more similar to windows media center, SKY, TiVO etc.?
More specifically I'm looking for when I press up or down on my remote it currently goes up or down a channel respectively. Ideally up or down would bring up a mini-EPG with two or three lines of data that is browsable using the directions. Pressing my guide button, or recorded tv button would bring up the full guide or recorded tv regardless of the current screen. At the moment these buttons are context dependent. At the moment there is an EPG button on the control bar when watching a channel but this just brings up a list of what's on that channel rather than the full timeline I'd prefer.
I've tried out a few skins but can't seem to replicate what I want. Googling has be fruitless.

Thanks in advance
What you want is a custom key mapping as per this wii article; http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap

I didn't like the standard behaviour of PVR as well and made it resemble MediaPortal more.
My hardware consists of a flirc + ir remote, so I only have to worry about the keyboard mapping which is nice and easy but should be as easy for a remote.

With some minimal edits it got far better.
My initial feel with PVR was, and it's sort of true, that it is hacked in later within the app.
I've tried here to convince many times why the standard remote behaviour is bad for PVR but they either don't agree or care.
At least you got the power to fix it to your liking Smile
I agree. I've created a custom Lircmap.xml to make sure that all of the buttons on my remote matched a button definition in Kodi. Then I created a custom keymap.xml to override some of Kodi's defaults to make a bit more sense.
I too am attempting to transition from WMC to Kodi. The EPG so far is the most difficult part. I find that pressing the menu button while live TV is playing will bring up a sidebar of the current channel listings, and makes a good replacement for the mini guide. Now, If only I could find a way to filter the EPG by category....
You can filter in the main EPG by channel groups. They are not the same as categories, per se, but you can somewhat use them as so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR UI EPG0