Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen
I use this workaround now, Kodi starts and terminates when Windows starts.

Save this script as STARTKODI.JS in the Kodi folder.
Create a shortcut to it and place the shortcut in the Autostart folder in the startmenu.

Code:
WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.shell");
var command="kodi.exe"; //this may needs to be path fully qualified.
task=WshShell.Exec(command);
WScript.Sleep(10000);
task.Terminate();
WScript.Quit();
I'm experiencing the same issue randomly, starting kodi with -d didn't help nor starting it through a batch script that first waits 15 seconds and then starts kodi.exe. Here the kodi.log from the last time it happened (about 15 minutes ago): http://pastebin.com/5riZnJjE
Most of these issues are dealing with Kodi 16 and 16.1 and most of the 'real' support has moved along to Krypton and I suggest that some of these issues could be well put to bed with a refresh install into the new software that cleans house in many areas.
Hey people, this was not fixed when krypton came out for me so i have continued searching and....here is your solution for Jarvis and Krypton.

To fix this issue, you have to delete your addons.db file. To locate this file, follow our information below because the file location changes depending on your operating system. On the Android TV operating system, use an app such as ES File Explorer from the Play Store to navigate your folders (turn hidden files/folders on)

Kodi Addons.db Location Guide
Android: Android/data/org,kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Database
iOS: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/Database
Mac: /Users/<your-user-name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database
Linux: ~/.kodi/userdata/Database
OpenElec/LibreElec: /storage/,kodi/userdata/Database
Windows: Click start and type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\Database
When you locate the Addons.db file (note: it might have a number after addons such as Addons27.db), delete it. Now, restart Kodi and you should hopefully no longer see the Kodi 17 black screen of death!

This worked for me. It resets the skin to default by if you go back to add one, look and feel, and reselect the skin you had before and enable it then use you should be back up with the same GUI settings etc.

All credit to @Karellen- Link removed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen1