Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen
I totally agree with sempro... Kodi is a fantastic software and cannot have this kind of bugs on a hardware that's not old at all. I am confident that soon or late kodi developers will sort and fix this annoying problem.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-05-21, 21:24)Luke.Siren Wrote: I totally agree with sempro... Kodi is a fantastic software and cannot have this kind of bugs on a hardware that's not old at all. I am confident that soon or late kodi developers will sort and fix this annoying problem.

+1
have any of you found a solution to this problem yet?

after upgrading to Jarvis I would get the "black screen" after resuming from sleep. by alt-tab to Windows and then back to Kodi i could get everything functioning. i went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10 thinking this may help...it didn't. now i sometimes get the black screen or just a frozen kodi screen when resuming from sleep. sometimes i can alt-tab and back to kodi for it to work. sometimes it is completely locked up and requires a kodi restart. never had a problem from Kodi for over 3 years before Jarvis on the same system.

i7 920
12gb ram
GTX 660Ti
Win 10 Pro
forgot to add that I am also having a similar issue after turning my TV on/off while the PC is running (not enough time has passed for the PC to go into sleep mode). sometimes (3 out of 5 times) i will get the black or frozen screen. if i let it sit for several seconds i regain some functionality (menu selections take several seconds to register). the only fix is to restart Kodi...
I'm managing to run Kodi on an old dell e4300 laptop with crappy intel card (Jarvis 16.1) been running for days looping 1080p game of thrones and has NEVER crashed. wooooo it works but that's on windows 10 build 14342 which is an insider build which may or may not be significant.
i have resolved my issues by going to windowed mode vs fullscreen.

hopefully this gets sorted out in the next build. seems LOTS of people are having similar issues across a variety of hardware configurations.
I recently got an Android TV box ( M8S Ultra 4k Smart TV Box 2gb quad core processor, 2gb memory +8gb storage with Kodi 16.1 installed) . Second day of playing around with it and I got a Black screen. Rebooted the ATV box, and still had a black screen.

So I surfed through the programming and ended up in the area that shows all of the installed android apps. I force stopped the Kodi app, went back to the home screen and ran it one more time. No black screen.

Not sure if this program reboot will work for everyone, but it was a fast cure for me.
I downloaded Kodi 16.1 and when I click the application file I get a black screen and right away a message that Kodi has stopped working with an option to either check online for a solution, end the program, or to debug it etc etc..

1: Windows 7 (Dell XPS)
2: 8 gb ram.
3: I have never had any problem with any installation ever before.
4: 64 bit OS.
5: Log file: http://pastebin.com/1MQRMPjD
6: Direct X 11.

Please help me.

Rolleyes
Just want to join to the discussion. Got the same problem here, thought it is just my problem but turned out that is common.

My setup is Nvidia 430 with the latest drivers for Win10.

Also I have a black screen after coming back from PowerDVD / 3D.
Here an update from me... 3 days ago I've decided to install Windows 10 on my Vivo PC VC60. A clean install. It worked like a charm till yesterday (about 7-8 correct startup)... But on the last boot the black screen of doom rised again. No new install has been done, and no configuration chqnges. It's a true random mistery. I hope the team will continue to investigate this annoying bug.

Add me to the list with black screen on first launch. I've been having it since Jarvis was installed. Been using xbmc since the beginning and this is a first with this one. W7. Not worth paying the rest of my stats since this problem isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
When Kodi 16.0 was released, I upgraded my Windows 7 installation as usual but noted that I suffered the black screen on Kodi launch. This black screen only happened after a PC reboot causing me to have to alt+tab (x2) or alt+enter (x2). Subsequent closing and launching Kodi works fine, until the next PC reboot. I promptly rolled back to 15.2.

This week I thought I'd give it another go. Firstly I upgraded the Nvidia drivers for my GT610 and tested with 15.2 fine. Then I downloaded and installed 16.1 and it launched fine. I checked the configuration and made a couple of minor changes to the appearance. Subsequent closing and launching of Kodi was fine.

Then came the real test, I restarted the PC. After the restart, I launched Kodi and was presented with the dreaded black screen, which I managed to get past by doing alt+enter (x2). Like usual, subsequent closing and opening of Kodi wasa fine, it is just the initial launch after a reboot which causes the problems.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in a hope that someone has figured out why this happens and how to resolve it.
How can I contribute to solve the problem?
I have the same problem - just got the latest version 3 days ago.

Set Kodi 16 to boot using either the Windows 7 task scheduler or Start->Startup. Kodi 16 launches to black screen - no mouse cursor is visible, but I can hear the clicking sounds if I use the keyboard to navigate the menu, so the application is running and making sounds. If I memorize the menu, I can actually play music on the black screen.

In order to get the GUI back, I have to:
1. Press windows key, alt-tab back to Kodi - works flawlessly 100% of the time
2. Restore Kodi (not maximized), then set Kodi back to full screen - works flawlessly 100% of the time

I do have a DX 11 compatible card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, so not having a DX11 card is NOT the issue. Other sys info: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300, Samsung TV, Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3, Logitech USB mouse/keyboard, Thermaltake DH101 case, running a corsair SSD, Win 7 pro

I have created debug logs if anyone is interested.
I have "Vertical blank sync" enabled since I see tearing artifacts in both movies and music background otherwise.

In order to work around this problem I have to add a task startup delay of 15 seconds in task scheduler to get consistent startup. Adding a delay via Kodi command line switch does not work for me.

I fiddled around in startup tasks in msconfig and removed every service and startup task except for the basic services needed to launch windows, and still get the black screen.

Adding a delay is the ONLY solution right now.
Hi, seams to me i have the same problem. Any easy fix yet?

Windows 7 64bit, latest update.
DX11 Nvidia gpu. (GeForce GT 630 1gb)

Info from KODI:
Free memory: 1906mb
Resolution: 1280x1024
CPU usage: about 2%
Version: Kodi 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.0 problems black screen1