Solved Paste Plot description impossible?
Hey, just scraped a lot of new films, some of which didn't have a plot description in any of the scanned databases. This is no problen, since the plots are available on the internet. Now I thought, easy, I will copy the plot on an internet site and then paste that plot into the "Plot" section of the movie edit dialog. But: pasting seems to be deactivated. I can manually write in this field, but not paste any text.

However, the changelog of version 25.07.2013 – version 2.1 – r768 includes "feature: added copy/cut/paste context menu for textfields". Isn't this exactly what I am looking for? Or does it somehow not work on macs (Yosemite, 10.10.5)?
Why not add the plot to the online database and benefit everyone?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
okay, that works on win/linux but not on OSX (da*n OSX is always "different").
I'll have a look at this
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
@ Nickr: Sure, I didn't think of that, that makes absolute sense!

I set out to do that - only to find that I had mis-scraped "Der Mann an ihrer Seite". themoviedb.org, for example contains two entries for this same title: the first for a film of 2008, the second for the a TV show of 3 episodes made in 2013 (the latter including a short plot description). Interestingly, when I scrape one of the three video files in the TinyMediaManager that do in fact contain the 2013 TV show, I only get results from the online databases referring to the film of 2008. But I do find the 2013 TV show entry when I check themoviedb.org online myself. Apparently, TinyMediaManager doesn't recognize the videos as part of a TV show but assumes (each of) them to represent a movie. This could explain why scraping only resulted in proposals referring to the 2008 movie. Can I somehow tell TinyMediaManager that the three files represent a TV show?

In the second case, somebody has inserted a plot description of a film between today and three days ago at themoviedb.org, so this is solved.

Nevertheless, coming back to the original question of the thread: it would still be nice to be able to paste entire plot descriptions on a mac as well, since not all tv recordings that I manage with the TinyMediaManager are in online databases, for some it's just not worth it.

Thank you!
this issue will be fixed with 2.7.4
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paste Plot description impossible?0