[Beta] SC2Casts.com plugin - Starcraft 2
I have fixed a plugin that has been broken for a long time (see old thread). With this plugin you can watch Starcraft 2 casts aggregated from the website SC2Casts.com.

You can download the beta version of the plugin at: https://github.com/hackebeil/xbmc-plugin-sc2casts. Please consider using the repository I created to receive automatic updates (see README at github for instructions). A standalone zip is also available.

In addition to fixing all the issues of the old plugin, I extended the plugin by adding the following features:
  • Ability to watch Twitch videos (as opposed to only YouTube)
  • Various context menu options to make browsing more convinient
  • (Optional) colors for better readability of the complex series titles
  • Markers for watched series

Known limitations at the moment are:
  • A workaround for playing Twitch: Because Twitch videos cannot be natively started at a certain time offset, playback will start at the beginning, and after 2-10 seconds, the video will jump to the correct position. For this to work as expected, viewers cannot skip themselves in the first few seconds or else the automatic jump will end up at the wrong time.
  • Markers are only displayed for watched series, not for watched games.
  • Parsing, which causes a majority of the wait times, will be much slower on some Kodi versions (this may even depend on the OS you are running Kodi on). This is due a slow HTML parser in python 2.7.2 and lower. Updating Kodi might fix this issue for you. But even with the worst case wait times are quite bearable right now.

Further bug reports would be greatly appreciated and can be submitted either via this thread or as an issue on github.

Possible future extensions include:
  • Less 'hacked' Twitch support
  • Markers for watched games
  • Spoiler-free vods
  • Login features/synchronization for SC2Casts.com Premium subscribers
  • Submission to the official Kodi repository

I am really curious whether I made this plugin only for myself or if there are others who are still watching SC2 and would like to watch it on their media center. I would appreciate it if people who like this plugin wrote a quick reply to this post. This would also help me to decide if possible extensions are worth working on. Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who has worked on the plugin in the past. Without their ground work, I would not have been able to create the current version of the plugin.
Thanks for this one, i used to watch it all the time on GomTV with Tasteless and Artosis, i never linked to play it, just watch it.
But it kinda faded since there was no easy way to watch it on my tv, until now. Wink
Well, seems not much interest in SC2casts. Sad However i was happy to have properly working plugin for the SC2. Unfortunately now both not working, the old one and yours. Any chance that you would find time to fix it? Pretty please Smile
Nice to hear that someone is interested in the plugin.

I noticed the error myself a few weeks ago. I patched it with a workaround but did not push it to github, because I was too lazy to do a proper fix. But since you ask for it, I have released a zip version that should work for now: https://github.com/hackebeil/xbmc-plugin...4-prealpha

The workaround was necessary because SC2Casts broke with their tradition of having match titles like "Player A vs. Player B - Quarterfinal - ...". Instead for Nationwars 4, they sometimes use "Decider Match - ..." or "Losers Match - ...", which my parser couldn't handle. Sad For now, I just ignore those matches. I will release a version via the repo/github once the problem has been fixed properly.Until then, some Nationwars games will just not appear in the lists.

If it works with the patched version for now, please tell me. Otherwise, there might be another bug. In that case, I am happy to fix it as well. Smile
Thank you very much. That 0.64prealfa is working ok.
Uploaded a new version to github: https://github.com/hackebeil/xbmc-plugin.../0.65-beta

Now matches titled "Decider Match", "Winner's Match", or "Loser's Match" will also appear in the list. It also fixes a bug related to live event streams.

I also uploaded the release to my repository. So it should also arrive via auto-update, in case you have subscribed to the repo.
Hi all.
hackebeli, unfortunately your great add-on (0.65) doesn't work again.
I dont know what is happens, but all link are dissapeared.
I am in mourning.
Me too.

However plugin author was seen here few months ago, so slim chances to fix.
(2017-08-27, 18:24)relyter Wrote: Me too.

However plugin author was seen here few months ago, so slim chances to fix.

Very sad.
I fix the bug.

sc2casts kodi plugin work again!
(2017-12-19, 12:00)kallagen Wrote: I fix the bug.

sc2casts kodi plugin work again!
 Great, remember to post the link to the fix inhere so others can get the benefit from it. Smile
Works like a charm here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Beta] SC2Casts.com plugin - Starcraft 21