My first build please help with colored fonts on main menu
OK, so I'm a newb with KODI, and want to make my first build. I'm using this skin.

I'm trying to change the color of the fonts on the main menu using HTML codes from this site. w3schools

I was able to change the Video correctly and it displays fine using this code ff80ff80 I'm putting it in like this ( [COLOR ff80ff80]Videos[/COLOR]
It displays fine. However I tried to change movies to this ff6666ff to check out how it looks. Problem is it shows that it changed in the appearance screen, but when going to the main menu to see it not only has the color NOT changed but the whole word is missing.

What is happening? I have looked on you tube and cannot find anything on how or why this is.

I tried typing in a word like ( blue ) and it's working just fine. Why does it show in the appearance but missing the whole word and everything on the main menu? I would much rather have a customer color. Trying to get Jiggy with it. Smile

Also doing this in Window7 then will transfer to an Android Matricom G box Q

Thanks in advance.
If you just put is as [COLOR 6666ff] then you're missing the alpha component of the ARGB color. Try ff6666ff.
Sorry I should have put that I did put in the ff before. It shows the correct color in the appearance menu, so it changed. just not showing on the main menu along with the word itself it has disappeared.
Also I was watching a you tube vid on how to change highlight color and background, according to this vid you can change transparency as well, but both on my Android and Win 7 Artic Zepher I do not see that option only to change the color, but not opacity. on hers she has a slider bar at the bottom to adjust this. How can I get this option?

I took a screen shot but don't see how to post that.
(2016-03-29, 02:11)Zildjian85 Wrote: Also I was watching a you tube vid on how to change highlight color and background, according to this vid you can change transparency as well, but both on my Android and Win 7 Artic Zepher I do not see that option only to change the color, but not opacity. on hers she has a slider bar at the bottom to adjust this. How can I get this option?

i think your referring to the braz mod of this skin
(2016-03-29, 22:47)pusb87 Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 02:11)Zildjian85 Wrote: Also I was watching a you tube vid on how to change highlight color and background, according to this vid you can change transparency as well, but both on my Android and Win 7 Artic Zepher I do not see that option only to change the color, but not opacity. on hers she has a slider bar at the bottom to adjust this. How can I get this option?

i think your referring to the braz mod of this skin

Yes I am (at least I think I am ) I got it from the link on the main page under the MOD Braz post.
However I'm not sure how this helps me, in my question. Is it that the Braz mod does not have this option? If not how can I get a different color changer with this option? I am a skin building virgin and eager to learn how to do this to make my own builds for my own use. However most info I'm finding is very vague and frustrating. Example, I got all most done (at least as far as I thought) when I noticed when I edited the menu to show the word "Movies" it would show in the appearence menu tabs, but when going to the main screen it was not there. All the other name changes I made showed up fine on the main menu, but for some reason "Movies" would not show no matter if it was listed second on the list or last. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I got so frustrated and wiped it all clean, and am now starting over. Grrrrr. If I didn't already have my head shaved I would have pulled out all my hair. LOL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first build please help with colored fonts on main menu1