Add Shortcut to Update Library ?
Is there any way to add an 'update library' shortcut or favorite to the menus in AppTV? I'd like to be able to simply navigate to one of the menus (like System) and click "Update Library" so that it forces a scan of all my sources.

This used to be a default feature in Quartz and I'm now switching to AppTV, but I can't figure out how set this up?
(2016-03-29, 10:29)aiko Wrote: Is there any way to add an 'update library' shortcut or favorite to the menus in AppTV? I'd like to be able to simply navigate to one of the menus (like System) and click "Update Library" so that it forces a scan of all my sources.

This used to be a default feature in Quartz and I'm now switching to AppTV, but I can't figure out how set this up?
aiko,

Sorry for late reply, busy with Easter break.

I have made a change to the skin in 1.3.5 that now correctly provides the update and clean library options in the skins screen settings menus (what other skins would call the side bar menu). In either the music or video library screens if you navigate left (for the vertical type views) or up (for the horizontal type views). There are a series of upto three dots either on the top or the left of the screen that tells you that there is further unscene controls off screen. Bringing up the Screen settings menu will hilight the left or topmost dot to indicate that that menu is visible.

Now if what you are after is a way to include the update library option in the home menu you will need to edit the /userdata/favourites.xml by hand to include this in Kodi's favourites and from there you would add the favourite to the skin in the skins Home shortcuts menu (in the skin settings menus). Add this to the favourites.xml file to add the update library command for video (replace video with music for music library).

PHP Code:
<favourite name="Update Library">UpdateLibrary(video)</favourite

Hope this is what you are after.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Unfortunately Home Shortcuts won't let you add stuff to the System menu.

To add Update Library & File Manager to your System menu as in Quartz, edit:
.kodi/addons/skin.apptv/720p/Includes_HorzHome.xml

Search for 'System info' - it will be around line 1560 - 1570. After the System info </item> add these lines

<item><!-- Update Libarary -->
<label>$LOCALIZE[653]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[13000]</label2>
<onclick>UpdateLibrary(video)</onclick>
</item>
<item><!-- File manager -->
<label>$LOCALIZE[10003]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[13000]</label2>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(filemanager)</onclick>
</item>

Restart Kodi to activate the change.
Note that changes like this will be overwritten by subsequent skin updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Shortcut to Update Library ?0