Alternate to built in browser.
(2016-03-31, 23:44)da-anda Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 04:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Actually, it seems the DRM module works on a lot of things. Someone pulled an ARMv7 module out of ChromeOS and got Netflix to work on Raspberrry Pi 2 in a browser (software decoding only). Someone else even made a new Amazon add-on for Kodi using some of the new Kodi v17 stuff (something called input stream, IIRC). It's still a closed binary part that is needed, but Netflix in Kodi might one day happen.
I know of this (and tested it on my PI), but that is breaking the DRM chain (well, just like PlayOn for that matter) and thus will likely never be accepted by content providers, or they limit it to 720p (just like Netflix does on uncertified Android boxes).

Yep, I agree with what you've said. I just thought it was suprising how much the community has been able to hack this together using what is currently available :)

Sadly, it's a cat and mouse game, so stuff like that gets patched, or limited in resolution, like you said.
Just to revisit. What about extensions and addons to existing browsers that send stuff to kodi UPNP lthat would serve as a Chromecast alternative.

Kodicast. If it goes directly to the Kodiplayer.. it wouldn't be able to be recorded right?

I mean I can already do that Android to android with VLC and apps like Airwire. Microsoft Edge allows me to cast to Kodi UPNP but it can be hit and miss.

I have some older googletv boxes that only real value is the DLNA device.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

(2017-01-18, 03:39)tornicade Wrote: Just to revisit. What about extensions and addons to existing browsers that send stuff to kodi UPNP lthat would serve as a Chromecast alternative.

Kodicast. If it goes directly to the Kodiplayer.. it wouldn't be able to be recorded right?

I mean I can already do that Android to android with VLC and apps like Airwire. Microsoft Edge allows me to cast to Kodi UPNP but it can be hit and miss.

I have some older googletv boxes that only real value is the DLNA device.

This mostly already exists. For example: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...bden?hl=en

Or on Android I know Yatse does basically the same thing. Kore, the official Android remote may as well (I'm not an Android user much, so I don't really know).
Thanks for the Chrome link for some reason I wasn't able to find that. from the browser menu. I should of went directly to the webstore. however those seems to use the Kodi webserver which limits whats videos you can watch. They don't have that UPNP /DLNA such as Microsofts edges cast to function.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternate to built in browser.0