• 2(current)
VMware Virtual Machine Development Enviroment for XBMC Linux porting effort
Hi developers! just a quick note from an end-user... I downloaded the image (thanks tssgery) and am fascinated by the development process. Having the vmware images (and the link to the free vmplayer... thanks... our IT group talks about using VM to model new systems but I never tried myself) is not only useful to the developers but also to the fans of the system... although I cannot participate (no skills) I can at least watch the process. I imagine that this is also a good way to answer those people who ask about beta tests... I ought to be able to follow the directions for compiling and look at it myself using this image.

Don't want to choke your dev forum with this stuff so no reply is necessary or expected. Just wanted to say that this vm image is great for more than just the developers.Big Grin
Wow, impressive bandwidth from aceshome.com ! (1 MB/s Laugh )
@tssgery, you should consider creating a torrent of xbmcdev.zip and let other xbmc forum users seed to share bandwidth expense Smile
Lightbulb 
Here is a few other tools which might (or might not?) be nice additions(?):
* VTune Analyzer - Intel® VTune™ Performance Analyzer for Linux (free for non-Commercial use)
* Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) for Linux - Threading Analysis Tool by Intel (free for non-Commercial use)
* Intel® Thread Checker for Linux - Another Threading Analysis Tool by Intel (free for non-Commercial use)

PS! Another addition which might be good to include in the VM is SDL documentation (and FAQ?) or?
...either as HTML or as UNIX "man" pages(?) unpacked and linked from the desktop for easy access?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Due to the amount of bandwidth that has been used with people downloading this VM, I have built a torrent for it.

You can find the torrentfile at http://www.linuxtracker.org/torrents-det...hp?id=4254
That torrent is a good idea if people are actually seeding it =/ i spent 2 hours downloading @ 9kb/s until gnome-bt fucked up and now wont resume the file. Could someone put that vmx on a mirror so that i can dl it myself so i can put it on mirrors in sweden?
After a painfully slow download with the torrents its obvious that not enough people even have this file to seed.

The file is now located at the following mirrors (more mirrors will be added shortly).

Since there was no revision number i dared not change it Smile when theres a "new" version with new features il start uploading these with revision name extentions. For now this is the current!

100mbit .se Adamo (RIXTELECOM/PORT80)
http://www.ravers.se/xbmcdev.zip
Well, the torrent currently has 8 seeders and only one leecher, so there seems to be enough seeds.

But, thanks for hosting the mirror. It'll help non-US people grab the VM faster.

And, I'll start adding version numbers with the next build.
_max_ Wrote:After a painfully slow download with the torrents its obvious that not enough people even have this file to seed.

The file is now located at the following mirrors (more mirrors will be added shortly).

Since there was no revision number i dared not change it Smile when theres a "new" version with new features il start uploading these with revision name extentions. For now this is the current!

100mbit .se Adamo (RIXTELECOM/PORT80)
http://www.ravers.se/xbmcdev.zip

Thanks _max_ for this
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
Is this supposed to have everything it needs to build? I ran the checkout scrip and went to do a ./configure and it failed on the C++ compiler dependency check.

Maybe I'm retarded. I'm going to work on getting it setup on an actual box tonight probably, but this would be handy as well.

thanks.
boscorillium Wrote:Is this supposed to have everything it needs to build? I ran the checkout scrip and went to do a ./configure and it failed on the C++ compiler dependency check.

Maybe I'm retarded. I'm going to work on getting it setup on an actual box tonight probably, but this would be handy as well.

thanks.

The compiler is definately installed, and it was building as of a few weeks ago. I'll try it with the newer source tree later tonight and see what happened.
Downloaded today, ran ./configure and failed.. missing compiler.. needed g++, installed with apt-get ...
rrambo Wrote:Downloaded today, ran ./configure and failed.. missing compiler.. needed g++, installed with apt-get ...
So, is everything ok now? if the problem persists please elaborate
New version of the VM has been created:

http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=4305

version 1.1 - July 2, 2007
Added g++
Added python-sqlite
Added libglew-dev
Added libcurl3-dev
Added SDL html documentation - link on desktop, files placed in ~/sdl_html
SDL site added to Firefox favorites
Thx tssgery for the Torrent,

Is there any kind of tutorial/guide on how to get xbmc working on this VM platform?

Jack
Ack!

Read the Wiki!

Jack.D Wrote:Thx tssgery for the Torrent,

Is there any kind of tutorial/guide on how to get xbmc working on this VM platform?

Jack
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VMware Virtual Machine Development Enviroment for XBMC Linux porting effort1