How to change Logo Kodi
Hey guys,

I want to replace the Kodi Logo on the home page. How we can do?

I use Titan 3.6.43 and Kodi 16.0.

Thanks
There is a setting for that in the skin settings
@Marcelveldt I'm in the same situation but would like to transfer this change from one device to another. Where is this image located within the skin so that I can permanently replace it with one of my own choosing?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
The skin backup feature should cover that, your custom image will be included in the backup
Thank you macelveldt for the fast response! I'll give that a try! Smile
Not trying to hijack this thread... But it is somewhat related...

I tried to use the built in back up feature... And this is probably my own fault for not mentioning earlier, but I don't think this will work for what I'm trying to do.

I actually built a Wizard to install my version of this skin and the wizard basically just copies over the "addons", "media" and "userdata" folders.

But no matter where I place the image and point the skin to, it never seems to retain that information.

Any suggestions?
What image do you mean ? The logo in the header or any custom images set as backgrounds ?

The logo in the header...
It's the one that appears in the upper-left corner of the screen...
Like I said I can change it to my custom logo on my PC... But when I try to transfer this change over by copying the "addons", "media" and "userdata" files to another device it simply wont hold the change. I tried multiple locations within the home directory and few variations of the file name but so far no luck.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
I really appreciate it! Smile
(2016-04-07, 15:23)RedonkaBert Wrote: The logo in the header...
It's the one that appears in the upper-left corner of the screen...
Like I said I can change it to my custom logo on my PC... But when I try to transfer this change over by copying the "addons", "media" and "userdata" files to another device it simply wont hold the change. I tried multiple locations within the home directory and few variations of the file name but so far no luck.

Did you close down Kodi before copying the userdata folder ?
The settings for the skin are stored in userdata\addon_data
Making sure KODI is shut down before copying the files? YES... Smile

For giggles, I tried it again... Closed out of KODI, backed up the "addons", "media" and "userdata" files, zipped them up and attempted the install on again.
It continues to do the same thing.

Does the image need to be named something in particular?
Does it need to have certain dimensions?
If you are manually copying over the files to another system, you have to make sure that the location where the logo is stored is also accessible on that other machine. The skin won't handle that for you, you just point to a file on the filesystem, it won't be copied.

TIP: store the logo file somewhere inside the userdata folder so it will be copied in your backup
Here's what happens once the install is complete.
The skin continues to show the option for "use custom logo" as checked but nothing appears for the image.

Image[/img]

Any ideas or thought on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for all of you help so far!
Thanks so much for helping me on this one...

I copied the image over to the "userdata" folder.
Pointed the skin to that image..
Closed out of KODI.
Zipped up the 3 files...
Installed on the other device (fresh start of course)...

Still no imaged displayed... Sad

Here's the low down on the image...
Image Name: kodi_logo.png (also tried kodi-logo.png, logo.png, icon.png)
Image dimensions: 413 x 127
Hmmm, it looks like the full path is stored for the selected image which is system specific.
If you have a central storage (like a NAS) available you could try to store it there and see what happens.

I can also extend the skin backup feature to include the logo but then you will have to use the skin backup feature to backup your skin settings
I guess I can try to work some magic on one of my servers to store the image.
Where abouts in the skin, is the code that points to the normal Kodi Icon?
Perhaps I can use that as a starting point to work my way backwards towards a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change Logo Kodi0