Apple TV 2 Shows Squares and Numbers
Hi, we currently have a apple tv 2 model which works fine on everything except for xbmc. it is gotham edition, when we launch it the splash screen comes up fine but when it actually loads to the user interface it comes up with numbers from 100-200-300 etc across and down the side of the screen. i would assume this is showing up 700x1200 resolution. any ideas of how i remove this ? many thanks

Quote: Apple TV show squares and numbers

It also shows these: banned add-ons (wiki).
Remove them and perhaps someone will be able to help you here.
hi sorry i didnt relise it was as we have just been given the apple tv box. have changed the photo if that helps ?
(2016-03-30, 20:54)D21FTA Wrote: Have changed the photo if that helps ?
Valiant attempt, but you should really remove the banned add-ons (wiki) themselves.
i have no idea regarding this ? i have been given this and we use kodi to use between or tvs in bedroom and downstairs for music and movies. we currently just copy the music and videos from dvd and cds to a laptop but i just thought as we had been given this it would be easier to have laptop plugged in downstairs and the apple box upstairs. i cant even view the screen properly so i dont see how i could loads these banned items to it and also wouldnt even know how to, im sure if i could i wouldnt be on this site asking about orange boxs over it. if no one will help or they do not know what the problem is its not a problem to me. il just discard it. just thought site was for information, not to get slammed about something i dont know about. thanks

if you could tell me how to remove the addons that would also be helpful ? i am not interested in something that is obviously illegal by the looks of it ? how do i remove the addons (i have gone through the wiki) i cant see the screen to remove anyting, so im back to the original question
To remove the add-ons and reset Kodi you would run these commands on the Apple TV

Code:
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi

Since you were given the Apple TV you may not know how to connect to it

On Mac, you can use terminal and run this command:

ssh [email protected]

The password should be alpine

Obviously you want to fill in the x’s with your Apple TV2 IP address. To find it, just open the main Apple TV menu and go to Settings > General > Network > IP address

If you're using Windows you can download a program called Putty
http://www.putty.org/

The process to connect with Putty is a little different but easy enough
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 Shows Squares and Numbers0