Linux Kodibuntu download
Hi Folks,
Long time user of XBMC, I remember first using Camelot, but I can't remember when I started using XBMC. I had Frodo installed and running but came back to see what the newer version was.
So to my surprise we have Kodi.

I wanted to download the latest Kodibuntu, but see it at Helix. Will there be a Kodibuntu download for Jarvis?

I did download and install Helix and it runs fine, but when I sudo upgrade, update, and dist upgrade I got errors during the process and then Kodi ran real slow.

And last question is Kodibuntu still a preference for running a small linux footprint with Kodi, or is there another recommended linux distro that works really well with Kodi?
Thanks
R
What errors did you get when updating? If you want something lighter that kodibuntu try openelec.
Hi Teeedubb,
Not many errors but it was hard to note them as there were a lot of lines and comments scolling during the update, and I wasn't around the tv when it was updating after I realized it might take some time.
I'm slowly catching up, reading the forums and the many posts. There are alot of posts with Openelec, so I might try that route.

But still will there be a download of Kodibuntu of Jarvis or the future Krypton Smile
Cheers
Well, I guess there won't be any newer Kodibuntu than the existing one in the near future.

But there are different ways depending on the hardware you use. OpenELEC is a read-only distro. That means, you can't install anything else beside Kodi. If you don't need any additional software, OpenELEC might be the way to go.

If you use Intel hardware by chance, I could link you to different step-by-step guides installing a minimal ubuntu and install kodi on it. The only difference is, that you don't have a desktop-view. If you don't need that, this might be a way, too.

So please tell us a bit more about the hardware you want to use.
Hey David,
Thanks for the reply, so no Kodibuntu, oh well we can't have everything.
I have intel hardare, but no worries on limitations, so I'll just find a good distro and install Kodi.
Thanks
R

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu download0