Req 3D and 2D flags / 720 and 1080p flags?
Hi

Is there a way to see clearly from browsing movies if a film is 720/1080p/2d and 3D?

loving the skin

thanks
n
in settings / skin settings (general) select "show media flags for movies / episodes / music videos" and enable it. it will then show 720/1080 for each file, not sure about the 2d/3d thing though, but atleast you will get SD/720/1080 and also some additional info like 5:1 and dolby and also the aspect ratio.

this should probably be enabled by default as with confluence it was part of the osd, but with estuary its nowhere to be seen unless you turn this on.
(2016-03-31, 23:55)mazey Wrote: in settings / skin settings (general) select "show media flags for movies / episodes / music videos" and enable it. it will then show 720/1080 for each file, not sure about the 2d/3d thing though, but atleast you will get SD/720/1080 and also some additional info like 5:1 and dolby and also the aspect ratio.

this should probably be enabled by default as with confluence it was part of the osd, but with estuary its nowhere to be seen unless you turn this on.

Thank you Mazey, I did not know of this in this new skin....and much better now when enabled Smile +1
Thanks Mazey

good find!
could this be added as the default option enabled for new users, its kind of hard to figure out what this does and its so useful, or maybe reword it as "show media codec information for media files"
I found that the 3D flag is populated in the media codec information when playing a 3D movie but not when browsing the file list so I added the following line to Variables.xml

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3D.)">flags/videoresolution/3D.png</value>

so the full Variable looks like this

Code:
    <variable name="ResolutionFlagVar">
        <value condition="ListItem.IsStereoscopic">flags/videoresolution/3D.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3D.)">flags/videoresolution/3D.png</value>
        <value condition="Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)">flags/videoresolution/4K.png</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flags/videoresolution/,.png]</value>
    </variable>

Change the .3D. string requirement to whatever you have your 3D files named to, if I recall from other skinning I've done it will be case sensitive so if you put 3D in the variable then files named 3d won't be picked up.
Hi, i have the same problem with the 3D flags.

example 1:

folder = Ant-Man 2015 3D COMPLETE BLURAY
filename = MARVELS_ANT_MAN_3D.iso

Here i see a 3D flag in Estuary!

example 2:

folder = Avatar.3D
filename = Avatar.3D.iso

Here i see NO 3D flag!

What is wrong? In both examples there a 3D in folder and filename!Huh
I have over 100 movies all tagged as being in 3D and noted as such without issue in the default Estuary skin, or most other flavours of Kodi and Skin combinations.

Take a read here and noted how to tag those files so that they get picked up......

http://kodi.wiki/view/3D

Filename examples

moviename (year).3d.hsbs.mkv
moviename 3d sbs.mkv
moviename.3D-HTAB.mkv
moviename-3D.sbs-720p.mkv

for me, as an example, I will tag the film Avatar as being in 3D in the HSBS format.......

it now gets picked up as being in 3D and is denoted by the 3D icon in the list view etc.

Hope that helps Smile
(2016-03-31, 23:55)mazey Wrote: in settings / skin settings (general) select "show media flags for movies / episodes / music videos" and enable it. it will then show 720/1080 for each file, not sure about the 2d/3d thing though, but atleast you will get SD/720/1080 and also some additional info like 5:1 and dolby and also the aspect ratio.

Guauuu. Buff, at last! I thought it was permanently removed... Thanks!

I also think that this info should me displayed by default. I even consider it mandatory nowadays, with so many codecs, x265 and 4k starting to be established...

I think that developers simplified too much this skin. There are many other ways to make a skin tidier and kind of minimalist than removing such essential info as this one.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D and 2D flags / 720 and 1080p flags?2