Upcoming recordings?
I can't find Upcoming recordings in Kodi, like there is in MythTV frontend and MythWeb. Or is there no support for this?
In Kodi they're called Timers. Jarvis changed how they work a bit though: rule-based timers are grouped. The listed date is the creation date of the rule, selecting the rule/group lists individual upcoming recordings with their air date.
Are there any plans to make this more useful? Compared to Myth, Timers is a mix if Recording Schedules and Upcoming recordings. It is not easy to f.ex. see the next upcoming recordings for a week or two, since it is mixed with recording schedules. And if you remove the grouping you see everything, and you don't know if they are going to record, if there are conflicts or if they are duplicates and so on.

It would be really nice to not have to do some things in Kodi, and some things in MythWeb.

I understand that Kodi needs to support many different PVR addons, but I would expect that other backends also handles conflicts and duplicates and that they can present them in some way to the user.

It would be nice to be able to hide a "empty" recording schedule that don't have any scheduled upcoming recordings, and be able to show/hide conflicts/duplicates and see them in the list without having to open every timer. And then you only see if it is enabled or not, not the reason.

There are many things you could do to make this much better and useful, but maybe someone is working on that? I know I prefer the Myth way so I can see both Recording Schedules and Upcoming recordings, but I'm open to other solutions as long as it get better.

Some times I wish I was a programmer and not only someone complaining =)
I completely agree. I find the Timers interface too unwieldy. It is also impossible to change a timer's type, say from a one time only recording into a rule-based/series recording. You also cannot modify the filters that limit recording rules from within Kodi.

Conceptually the new Timers in Jarvis are great, it's their implementation that is subpar.
I just use mythweb to schedule all my recordings from. Way better interface and works great until kodi gets caught up on that feature. But I don't see how kodi or even mythfrontend can beat mythweb.
(2016-04-01, 14:26)wyild1 Wrote: I just use mythweb to schedule all my recordings from. Way better interface and works great until kodi gets caught up on that feature. But I don't see how kodi or even mythfrontend can beat mythweb.

That's just it, I want to see Kodi beat MythWeb. It has the potential and I hope we will be there some day. I would like to be able to do everything with the remote. The only time I should have to use MythWeb is when I'm not at home and need to do some scheduling.

I hope some clever Kodi developer shares my opinion and are working on making it better.
Maybe you like to hear that I (imo) already improved this for Kodi Krypton. There, you will have two windows, one listing the upcoming recordings, another one listing the timer rules. If you want you can give this a try in current Kodi nightly build.

Changing the type of an existing timer is on my to-do list. ;-)

Remember, for Kodi Jarvis I rewrote large parts of the pvr timer code to build the ground for solid series recording (timer rules). It just takes same time to implement all the bells and whistles. And finally, the various pvr add-ons must be adapted to support the new features. This is something a single person cannot handle, due to time constraints and pvr backend specific knowledge required for this.

Remember2, all Kodi devs are working 100% for fun, without getting paid, donating their spare time to the project. ;-)
Regarding the specific implementation for pvr.mythtv , i voluntary limited some actions as 'change type of rule'. The reason is I don t want you break your schedules made by other way (mythweb). So Jarvis is the opportunity to check and test new timer feature with minimal risk for user using mythweb. In krypton I plan to add more feature and you will be able to change the rule type in some cases.

Imagine you break your schedules using the addon first time because bug. Then your experience will be bad and never more you will want use kodi to drive you backend.
(2016-04-01, 18:43)ksooo Wrote: Remember2, all Kodi devs are working 100% for fun, without getting paid, donating their spare time to the project. ;-)

Yes I know. And I hate to sound like I'm complaining, because I don't =) I guess you are that clever developer I was hoping for that had kind of the same vision for the PVR part of Kodi that I have. It sounds very interesting what you are working on. Really looking forward to try it. Will try the nightlies if/when pvr.myhtv supports this. At least I can offer my help to test things.
(2016-04-01, 19:27)janbar Wrote: Regarding the specific implementation for pvr.mythtv , i voluntary limited some actions as 'change type of rule'. The reason is I don t want you break your schedules made by other way (mythweb). So Jarvis is the opportunity to check and test new timer feature with minimal risk for user using mythweb. In krypton I plan to add more feature and you will be able to change the rule type in some cases.

Imagine you break your schedules using the addon first time because bug. Then your experience will be bad and never more you will want use kodi to drive you backend.

Is there already a Krypton version of pvr.mythtv that I could use and test things? Or is it not ready for testing yet?

Also, really appreciate all the work you do also. For me MythTV is the best and most stable backend. And the work you have done to make it possible to use with Kodi is great. I really hope you will continue to do this for a long time =)
For the separated timer Windows in Krypton no special new add-on features are required.

And no, you did not sound like complaining at all. Just posting that friendly reminder in random time intervals to settle knowledge about fundamental concepts of the Kodi project. ;-)
@raptorjr

The currently available version of pvr.mythtv in Krypton is functionally similar to Jarvis, with minimal updates to support new Krypton core features, as Janbar has indicated there is more to come. The new Timers (upcoming recordings) Timer rules (recording rules) screens in Krypton are a much appreciated improvement.

There are nightly builds available for Krypton for some platforms, but please remember Krypton development is at an early stage and there will be bugs and breakages. Also there is only one skin at present - Estuary (replacement for Confluence). If you want to try, go to http://kodi.wiki/view/development_builds

I am running Krypton on Ubuntu 16.04 (dev) , Debian Jessie (Raspberry pi2) , Ubuntu Mate 15.10 (Raspberry Pi2 and Pi3), all are built from source.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming recordings?0