OSMc vs Openelec VS Librelec
Geeesh when did Nacho-Libre show up ! I need to stop by more !

I really like OSMC over Openelec because it allows you to add Mpeg lic and over clocking with in Kodi......I have several Pi's running both ! The only problem I have came across with OSMC is they don't have the USB drivers for Tripp Lite Keyspan ER-V2 RF Remote Sad

So getting ready to test libreelec.tv Smile Hope it runs the remote !
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-04-02, 23:43)Rickt1962 Wrote: Geeesh when did Nacho-Libre show up ! I need to stop by more !

I really like OSMC over Openelec because it allows you to add Mpeg lic and over clocking with in Kodi......I have several Pi's running both ! The only problem I have came across with OSMC is they don't have the USB drivers for Tripp Lite Keyspan ER-V2 RF Remote Sad

So getting ready to test libreelec.tv Smile Hope it runs the remote !

Boot OSMC without the remote plugged in
Plug the remote in and type dmesg | paste-log
Send me the link that gets posted and I'll add support in the next OSMC update

Sam
Can I migrate from Openelec 6.0.3 to LibreElec by simply dropping the LibreELEC TAR file into the update folder?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2016-04-03, 01:38)speedwell68 Wrote: Can I migrate from Openelec 6.0.3 to LibreElec by simply dropping the LibreELEC TAR file into the update folder?

This thread says that you can: http://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-36.html.
(2016-04-03, 01:38)speedwell68 Wrote: Can I migrate from Openelec 6.0.3 to LibreElec by simply dropping the LibreELEC TAR file into the update folder?
I copied the contents of the tar to the update folder and it updated fine
Sounds good. Let me wait for an official statement from milhouse and popcornmix. Eventually, a nightly built thread for LibreElec may come up as well.

From what I understand, there are two different builts. One to upgrade from OE and one to update from LE. But let's see for the gurus to voice.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-04-03, 05:33)steve1977 Wrote: Sounds good. Let me wait for an official statement from milhouse and popcornmix. Eventually, a nightly built thread for LibreElec may come up as well.

You can ugprade from OE to LE and back again. And yes, nightly LE builds will start soon, the priority has been on getting the Kodi 16 alphas out.

(2016-04-03, 05:33)steve1977 Wrote: From what I understand, there are two different builts. One to upgrade from OE and one to update from LE. But let's see for the gurus to voice.

There should only be a single build, but you might be referring to the .tar/.img.gz files, the latter now being more functional than the OE equivalent.

To upgrade from OE to LE, use the LE .tar upgrade file.

Once you are on LE, you can upgrade using either the .tar or .img.gz files - they'll both result in the same update being applied, with no loss of data.

The idea is to eventually offer only .img.gz files on a less cluttered download page to avoid confusing users that in the past tried (and failed) to perform clean OE installs using the .tar file, or upgrade OE using the .img.gz. With LE, the .img.gz file can now be used to perform both types of install - clean and upgrade.

LE .tar files will continue to be available and will eventually be offered via a less prominent download link somewhere, and of course they will still be needed initially to transition any existing OE users that wish to give LE a try.

To revert back to OE use only the OE .tar file as the OE .img.gz file can't be used for upgrades/downgrades, not even when reverting from LE.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-02, 15:08)MONSTA Wrote: The one who stayed how important person? Sometimes one man is more important than all the rest.

The one who stayed is the founder and lead developer, sraue
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...ntributors
was there a split of openelec developers or something?
Yes
Was on Raspbmc, then OSMC, but after testing Openelec 5.93 I fell in love with the fast start-up time.

Now on OE 6.0.3 for one Pi2, OSMC on a Pi B+, and Kbuntu Kodi on a Laptop.
I'd change the Kbuntu to OE as well if it weren't for some minor issues I need to sort out with OE.

But, each to their own. Till you've tried them, you won't really know which feels right for you.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I tried LE the latest of nightlies. Something wrong with speed of my wifi dongle. Tried to download the file via transmission. I got 3Mb/s speed. Then i reverted OE and redownloded same file. Speed was 5Mb/s. Something similar in a local network. OE faster. So OE is my choice in this moment Smile
(2016-04-03, 15:00)voochi Wrote: The one who stayed is the founder and lead developer, sraue
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...ntributors

Thanks for information.
Hi,
I prefer use OE and LE I have two RPI 2 and Now I tried LE also.
OE and LE at now are very similar, I think in the futur we will see something to change .... at now have only the last kodi inside but nothing really different in my opinion.

OMSC I dont know to much coz I chose OE base for the possibility to use unofficial repo expecially for the live TV with tvheadend, Os c@m and so on others plugins (unofficial) that I dont know if OMSC support and how have a TV box in add to a mediacenter box.
LibreELEC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMc vs Openelec VS Librelec0