• 11(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
(2016-10-20, 01:02)greenbag Wrote: Even if I wait 10 minutes, it's still blank until I install manually.

That's strange...it's in the addon.xml as required so it should install on it's own. Haven't had anyone else report that issue yet.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2016-10-20, 01:05)edit4ever Wrote:
(2016-10-20, 01:02)greenbag Wrote: Even if I wait 10 minutes, it's still blank until I install manually.

That's strange...it's in the addon.xml as required so it should install on it's own. Haven't had anyone else report that issue yet.

lol... maybe I just didn't wait long enough then(?). Tongue
Crap... I think I broke it. I was trying to customize my skin, and something caused it not to save the changes I made. So.. I did a fresh install, and all of a sudden, it won't log into the zap2it account. I noticed the mechanize was the same version as I'd been installing, so I left it as is. I then tried replacing the zap2xml.py with the latest, as you suggested.. now it wants to log in using a default user@wherever. I made sure the user and pass was in the settings.xml.. so that wasn't it. I uninstalled zap2xml, deleted directories in both .kodi and uaserdata, then reinstalled the zap2xml-0.4 release, set the user and pass again then rebooted. It's now using the correct user again, but still says to log out of the account. Blah. I even made a new account from a different email addy... no difference.

Decided to try using the perl version from my Ubuntu desktop... nothing wrong with my user account... grabbed my schedule without issues. I have no idea what I did to break the python version. Tongue
(2016-10-20, 08:43)greenbag Wrote: Crap... I think I broke it. I was trying to customize my skin, and something caused it not to save the changes I made. So.. I did a fresh install, and all of a sudden, it won't log into the zap2it account. I noticed the mechanize was the same version as I'd been installing, so I left it as is. I then tried replacing the zap2xml.py with the latest, as you suggested.. now it wants to log in using a default user@wherever. I made sure the user and pass was in the settings.xml.. so that wasn't it. I uninstalled zap2xml, deleted directories in both .kodi and uaserdata, then reinstalled the zap2xml-0.4 release, set the user and pass again then rebooted. It's now using the correct user again, but still says to log out of the account. Blah. I even made a new account from a different email addy... no difference.

Decided to try using the perl version from my Ubuntu desktop... nothing wrong with my user account... grabbed my schedule without issues. I have no idea what I did to break the python version. Tongue

Maybe have a look in the zap2xml.log file and see if you are getting the same errors as I and a few friends are with the login from the python script
(2016-10-20, 00:43)edit4ever Wrote:
(2016-10-20, 00:39)tommycahir Wrote: when I click on tvlistings I go to http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/...tvschedule and click on login, a popup appears and I login no problem get to see my saved favourites etc. BUT if I go to the url behind login in a new tab and use the very same details it brings me back to the tvlistings screen with following URL http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/...tvschedule without completing the login.

I just tried this - logging out - opening new tabs - logging in to both - all worked without error.

I'm thinking you should try a password reset or create a new account with another email address, if you have one, and see if you have the same issue.

Tried a new email address this morning and no further progress, can login on the site without issues with the new account but the python script is still giving me errors.
I retested the new tab login etc aswell and it is hit and miss as to whether it completes the login or not

***EDIT
I have just tested the perl script from a centos box and it works perfectly with both of the accounts that I have registered.
updated version released...incorporates some fixes from Schmell. I don't think it should impact the login - but if you want to give it a go...

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...v0.4.5.zip
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
(2016-10-20, 15:50)edit4ever Wrote: updated version released...incorporates some fixes from Schmell. I don't think it should impact the login - but if you want to give it a go...

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...v0.4.5.zip

Thanks for the update, I just tested and am still getting the errors as before when running the python script from the command line

Code:
Logging in as [email protected]

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCLogin.do?method=getStandAlonePage&aid=tvschedule

Didn't Match .*Logout of your Zap2it account.* Sleep  1 sec.:Function: loginZAP :Line: 574
http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCLogin.do?method=getStandAlonePage&aid=tvschedule

Didn't Match .*Logout of your Zap2it account.* Sleep  1 sec.:Function: loginZAP :Line: 574

Failed to login within ,3, retries.
:Function: loginZAP :Line: 577
errorNone
I just checked my logs and as of last night - I'm getting the same error.

Looks like they definitely changed something on the site...will have to investigate further...

stand by...

...looks like they're now using a popup window for login - which mechanize is not set to handle. Will have to rework how the code deals with this.

In the meantime, you can switch to TVGuide for the source.

I may look at using the titan tv listings - they're a bit more friendly to this type of use.
I've fixed the issue with the zap2it login. (Zap2it is now called Screener - so login match needed to be updated)

Please download updated release:

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...-0.4.6.zip
(2016-10-21, 17:15)edit4ever Wrote: I've fixed the issue with the zap2it login. (Zap2it is now called Screener - so login match needed to be updated)

Please download updated release:

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...v0.4.6.zip

Excellent work mate, working perfectly here now again.. really appreciate the work your doing on this..
Hey kudos to both of you guys (robca , edit4ever) for the info on how to add to openelec and for the addon to do it for you. That's really fantastic.

If I had seen this I might not've ended up going the long way around using raspbian etcetera. But at this point I'm happy with my setup, but it was painful learning everything needed.
I am not sure what went wrong. I uninstalled the older version of zap2xml and installed the 0.4.6zip into Openelec on my raspberry pi 2 and now I get this back;

Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv25)
spawn: cat: can't open '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2xml/xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml-0.4.6/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: no output detected
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml-0.4.6/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: grab returned no data

I am able to select the grabber from internal grabber in TVHeadend. Any idea what I did wrong?
(2016-10-25, 04:39)drhoeh Wrote: I am not sure what went wrong. I uninstalled the older version of zap2xml and installed the 0.4.6zip into Openelec on my raspberry pi 2 and now I get this back;
Any idea what I did wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong - I think the issue is that the github zip is changing the name of the folder. I'm still new to github so I need to figure out how to make the release without adding the version to the name.

If you can try the following:
- unzip the 0.4.6 zip
- change the name of the unzipped folder to script.module.zap2xml (removing the -0.4.6 part)
- rezip that folder
- try to reinstall in OE

In the meantime - I'm going to look for some help on making releases!
please try this updated zip file: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...-0.4.6.zip
(2016-10-25, 16:23)edit4ever Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 04:39)drhoeh Wrote: I am not sure what went wrong. I uninstalled the older version of zap2xml and installed the 0.4.6zip into Openelec on my raspberry pi 2 and now I get this back;
Any idea what I did wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong - I think the issue is that the github zip is changing the name of the folder. I'm still new to github so I need to figure out how to make the release without adding the version to the name.

If you can try the following:
- unzip the 0.4.6 zip
- change the name of the unzipped folder to script.module.zap2xml (removing the -0.4.6 part)
- rezip that folder
- try to reinstall in OE

In the meantime - I'm going to look for some help on making releases!

Thanks, that did it! It is now working just fine.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4