• 13(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
(2016-11-04, 19:48)edit4ever Wrote: I have a new beta release which adds a new option to add and sort extra details in the description field. This is useful if the skin you are using doesn't display all the data you want.  You can now add/adjust that data in the description (plot) field.  While the proper way to display data is editing the skin - not everyone will be comfortable with that.  So here's an alternative option for you!

Currently I have the following elements that can be added/sorted:

None / BULLET / HYPHEN / Plot Description / New-Live Indicator / HD Indicator / CC Indicator / Season-Episode Number / TV Rating / Original Air Date / Program Title / Episode Title / Episode Title in Quotes / Cast / Movie Release Year / LINE BREAK

If there are other suggestions for fields or characters, please let me know.

Release: script.module.zap2xml-0.5.0.zip

Source: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...e/xdetails

Also let me know if you see any issues!

I'm not sure I understand how to get this extra info. I'd like "Season-Episode Number" added to my xml file. What changes to settings.xml need to be completed?
Season-Episode is added to the xml file if you select Download Extra Program Details in the zap2xml addon options. Then the skin you are using will display that information. Most skins have a place to display Season/Episode.

If the skin you are using does not have a place to display Season-Episode information in a way that you like, you can select the Append Extra Details to Program Description option. Then on the Extra Details Order tab, you can select what information you want to have added to the program description. This will then show up in the area that normally just shows the program description.

Which skin are you using?
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2016-12-15, 21:47)edit4ever Wrote: Season-Episode is added to the xml file if you select Download Extra Program Details in the zap2xml addon options. Then the skin you are using will display that information. Most skins have a place to display Season/Episode.

If the skin you are using does not have a place to display Season-Episode information in a way that you like, you can select the Append Extra Details to Program Description option. Then on the Extra Details Order tab, you can select what information you want to have added to the program description. This will then show up in the area that normally just shows the program description.

Which skin are you using?

I'm using confluence but the reason I want this info is so that tvheadend can append the filename and hopefully I can use my recorded TV shows with the TVDB. I had tried with just the episode number that comes through and only one show mapped (incorrectly) and the other two shows didn't work.

Is this the equivalent of running zap2xml with the -D option in the command line version? Will there be more requests send to zap2it and you have to watch out for how many days you request?
Yes - selecting the Download Extra Program Details option send the -D command to the zap2xml.py script. It will trigger an additional http request per program.

If you are running a big channel list (over 10 channels) and pulling 14 days of schedule - I suggest setting the number of days to 3 - then run the grabber. Then you can set the days to 5 or 6 and run the grabber again - repeating this until you get to 14 days without a server timeout. Once you get the 14 days of extra program details downloaded, you can leave it set to 14 as it will only need to download the single new day each day after that. (actually it downloads every 12 hours unless you've changed the cron settings)

You don't need to enable the Append Extra Details to Program Description option for what you would like to do - just enable the Download Extra Program Details option. Try the setting for a single day and run the grabber - you should see the season/episode info in the tvheadend web interface after it runs.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
OK here is an updated release: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...-0.6.0.zip

This should solve the program icon issue that some people have been seeing. It also fixes issues with foreign language characters.

In addition, this build contains a new set of separators for the "Append Extra Details" option. You now can choose from the following separators:

Bullet / Hyphen / Line Break / Space / Colon / Vertical Bar / Slash / Comma

Unfortunately, this required a rearranging of that option list that will likely mess up your current list and you will need to reconfigure your settings.

If after upgrading you have issues with the "Append Extra Details" list, you may need to delete your user settings for zap2xml and reconfigure them.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this build. I'm hoping to release to the repo in the next few weeks.
Hi edit4ever,
I've been following the thread over at osmc but I'm not a member. Would you be able to post the update here that fixes the bug with the "Append Extra Details". The grabber stopped working for me about a week ago and I'm up and running again after having turned that feature off.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Check out the post here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-440-po...l#pid39002

Thanks!
Sorry - just realized that you are likely not a member at LE forum either.

You can try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lc09h34ydtloq...5.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any issues - thanks!
Thanks, that makes it easier for me. I believe I'm on 0.46 version. Do I need to reinstall from Kodi or can I replace one of the files?
There are a number of changes since 0.46 - it's may be best to install from Kodi. You would have to change files both in the kodi addon folder and in the userdata addon folder. The settings file gets changed as well, since this versinos has the option to sort the xtra details any way you like. That is also best done in the kodi interface - so I would spend a little time there setting things the way you like.
Many thanks to edit4ever for coming up with the Zap2xml addon for OpenELEC. After beating my head against the wall for a few weeks trying to get a EPG working with mc2xml and not making much headway I came across this thread and tried edit4ever's Zap2xml addon.After trying the different versions and reading the different users problems, some of which were like mine I finally got it working after the fourth version! Talk about happy it works great. But wait there's more, after getting the addon working right I was speechless when timeshifting worked fine after that, it previously didn't work at all. I had spent a few days earlier messing with timeshifting but figured I'd come back to it after I got the EPG working. One problem at a time....heh. One thing's still not quite right on my EPG though. There's a few channels that don't have data on the guide, I use zap2it for a guide and the channels are showing on the zap2it web page but on the tvheadend configure>Channel/EPG>Channels page there's no zap2it listing for the channels under EPG source. I've ran the Zap2xml grabber a few times by clicking the Trigger OTA EPG Grabber a few times but still no listings..anyone have an idea what else I might try?
To try to troubleshoot - if you can get to the xmltv.xml file, you can see the list of stations generated by the grabber. Hopefully the missing stations are in there. If not, then we would need to see the zap2xml log to see if there are any errors.

Finally - I have had a few times early on in the process where it was fixed by deleting the cache folder and the xmltv.xml file and starting the grab over.

Let me know what you find after checking those.
I looked at my xmltv.xml and it don't appear to be a new grab. There's a channel I added to my favorites on the zap2it webpage but after a few grabs realized my mistake and took the channel out of the favorites list and since made a few more grabs and that channel is still in my xmltv.xml file.

The zap2xml.log has 48 parses to the cache then it says this >> Downloaded 0 bytes in 0 http requests....which means it/'s not downloading any new data I take it. I THINK one the days to cache worked at 6 I upped it to 10 maybe that broke it. Should I delete the cache directory and try a new grab?
Delete the cache - as it will use that to maintain the channel list. Then reset the number of days back to 1 and run the grab. Then if all your channels are there - you can start to increase the number of days to download a few at a time...running the grabber after each change...Until you get to the number of days you want.

Hopefully that works!
Thanks, that did it. I'm up to 5
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4